Audi a4 tdi turbo boost problems, agian!

simyboye

TDI
A4 quattro TDi 110bhp
Hi there,
I have the typical boost issue when under load, it switches over to limp pain in the arse mode.

I have just swaped out the thrust sensor on the intercooling pipework and no good...

My vag-com cable has just stopped working and now I'm thinking of self harming... joking.

Is there anything else (appreciate radom question) that causes this?

On tick over you can hear the turbo spinning, its quite noisey, is this a common sound on the B5 tdi?
Many thanks

James

ibizaturbo

TDI
seat ibiza tdi
theres various things that can cause this

leak in one of the vacuum hoses, faulty boost controller, bad maf, bad map, clogged cat, clogged turbo, siezed actuator

some more lileky than others.

best get it on vag-com to narrow it down

oldiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking for one
you should not hear anything from the turbo on "tickover". take a peice of hose and use it as a listening device to and try to determine if the sound is really coming from the turbo,if it is you should prbably not drive the car until a mechanic has had a look at the turbo.Maybe you will be lucky and determine that the noise is coming from something else less expensive.You could also try removing the accessory drive belt and see if that eliminates the noise. My $.02 Don

ini

TDI
A4 TDI SE 110
I would remove the CAT as a matter of course, especially on a high mileage car.

Although if you make regular long journeys it should not cause too much restriction/limp mode.

simyboye

TDI
A4 quattro TDi 110bhp
Hi, thanks for your help so far...
Had it on vag com, error code 00550 looked up on the www and it's an Injector start controller

What and where is that? Where can I get one of these?

Many thanks in advance