Audi A5 3.0 TDI

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Off the line and around town, the A5 pulls like nothing else in the range – not even the S5. That power is said to make the A5 also the fastest in the non S-car part of the range, moving the coupe from 0-62 mph in 5.9 seconds. Even on the highway, one can drive lazily without shifting and still pass with ease. Even better, this is the kind of car that can return an estimated on and off-highway average of over 39 mpg.
Drool!:D

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Sweet looking car. Heeellloooo VW, we need those here in the US.

Bayou_Flyer

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 4Door 6M
I love this post from Philfrance on the Fourtitude forum:

....."Nobody sells diesel, and automobile grade diesel is not avaiable throughout most of the USA. Audi won't do it without other manufacturers doing it ( BMW, Mercedes, VW...), and if they are not sure ther is a strong commitment by the Oil/ Gas companies to support it.

Poor diesel means warranty issues for Audi. ......."

(guess he missed the part of the article mentioning ULSD)

Last edited:

Erdrick

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta
Sounds like the car that I will be wanting when I have a real job that could pay for that kind of car. 39mpg sounds good to me, and it would be icing on the cake to be able to do that in a car that is fast, and luxurious.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch though, as they say... Probably will never see that car in the states, and then there is the money dilemma.

M I N I O N

scammer & kfed poser
TDI
I am an Audi tech. Early next year we are supposed to be recieving our first Q7 with a 3.0tdi engine as a 2008 model year vehicle. Shortly after will be the 6.0tdi Q7 and the 3.0tdi a4/a6.

I am excited myself about the new diesels as I am the only diesel tech at my dealership (got the job by fixing the GM's TDI jetta after the foreman couldn't figure it out) and I have my name on the waiting list for training in the new powerplants.