Kerma Passat tune results

Spike_africa

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI/w DSG
With all the bashing etc.. that goes on here is my view after about 1.5 months of owning a tuned Passat.

The city mpg and hwy mpg are pretty much even at 2mpg higher then stock. This car doesn't have the DSG tune so this is with stock shifting. Power is nice. Hammer it in the dry and it will spin the tires in 1st, and the start of 2nd. However since we have no traction control button you just get lots of TCS kicking in trying to stop wheel spin. Highway pulling on power is nice. Apply power, and go. No problem. Regular driving is just like stock, but takes less throttle input to move.

The car seems to do more DPF regens, granted I'm sure its because I hammer it every time I drive it. Note this is the wifes car who drives pretty tame.

Overall for the cost, the extra power is nice, the bump in mpg is nice, the fact that I can return to stock, send it to the dealer, and move on with my life is nice too. Overall I like it a lot. Wish they could find a way tune wise to remove the TCS as I don't need it in FL. But its a nice driving car, and the extra power is great.

If you're worried about the dieselgate issue, this is the way to go. No worries if they buy back the cars, or need to make updates to make your car pass emissions. Return it to stock, send it in, when you get it back, reupload the tune and back to normal. Nice.

InfoSec Guy

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
OK, so I'd be interested to know more about the Kerma tune options. I can find almost nothing about them on kermatdi.com - pricing, but nothing about the features and benefits of their tuning package.

What sold you on them?

Ramairetransam

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
can you tell me more where you got the tune and how much . I have disabled the tcs on my 12 passat tdi and its so much nicer to be able to shut it off. I think the kit was like 40 or 50 bucks for it and about an hour or two of time .

ArtK65

TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI 6M
I just did the Kerma tune (post-fix) on my 2015 Passat 6MT. The difference is amazing. Moderate throttle and it moves like crazy.Very pleased with it.

dieselbill

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6 speed sedan Titanium Beige and 06 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 speed Wheat Beige
Please let us know about fuel consumption after the tune. More power would be appreciated by most but not at the expense of fuel economy.

ArtK65

TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI 6M
I just had my first fill-up with the tune yesterday: 41.5 MPG. Average speed on the tank was 49 MPH. This is in Northern Illinois, so it's still cold, plus lots of rain & wind with this tank. I'm curious myself what it will be when the weather warms up, as the cold really affects the mileage.

dieselbill

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6 speed sedan Titanium Beige and 06 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 speed Wheat Beige
Thanks ArtK65. Just filled up after last week's Phase 1 Emissions Mod. and no changes in mileage noted. Difficult to determine any changes as, like your location, it is cold (snowing and 34 right now).

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
A tuned NMS runs nice! My Wife's Unitronic tuned 2012 Passat TDI puts out 176HP and 297Lbs/ft. Dyno tested as they used her car to develop the software. They also tuned the DSG to shift faster and removed the torque limiter.
A switch is available to disable the TCS, Unitronic installed one on mine to ease the Dyno runs.
Next up for tuning in my 2014 Touareg TDI!