$165 Plus Tax?

scottysize

TDI
Passat SE/Sunroof
i thought I had free servicing until 40k, but apparently not. Does $165 plus tax sound right for the 30k servicing on a 2014 Passat TDI? Sounds high to me.

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
Two 10k services with the '14. Three with the '13.

Depending on what was done the cost wasn't unreasonable...

Fuel filter, air filter, cabin air filter, oil & filter, tires rotated, AdBlue topped. If all done, then no complaints!

14tdipassat

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat SE 6M
Two 10k services with the '14. Three with the '13.

Depending on what was done the cost wasn't unreasonable...

Fuel filter, air filter, cabin air filter, oil & filter, tires rotated, AdBlue topped. If all done, then no complaints!
Except the fuel filter probably wasn't done - that's every 20k miles. Still - $165 isn't too bad.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
IIRC, 30k service does NOT include FF (20k, 40k, etc) air filter (60k), cabin air filter (20k, 40k, etc)

AFAIK, is only oil/filter, tire rotation, AdBlue.

So, $165 is about double what it really should cost for a shop. to change oil/filter.

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
My mistake... Thinking 20k and posting 30k.

$165??? Think about it for a moment. A good oil and filter change coupled with a general inspection of the undercarriage will take about an hour from start to finish. Certainly it can be done more quickly but I find that I'm about correct. Of course it's my own vehicle and I take time and care.

So... Somewhere between $95 and $120 tech time, oil and filter. We should expect differently?

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I receive coupons every month for oil changes. They're normally $69.99, which is about what the oil and filter cost me.