*sob* First Door Ding

Yankinwaoz

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
Well damn. I walked out of the house this morning and saw there is a door ding on the left rear door. I've owned this 2012 SE for 7 months now, so I knew it was just a matter of time. Still, it is heartbreaking to see that beautiful reflection warped in the middle now.

:D

I know I'm being dramatic here. Especially in light of the poor guy who lost his Passat last month in that Texas multi-car pile up.

I think it is time for a detailing job... might make her feel better.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Well damn. I walked out of the house this morning and saw there is a door ding on the left rear door. I've owned this 2012 SE for 7 months now, so I knew it was just a matter of time. Still, it is heartbreaking to see that beautiful reflection warped in the middle now.

:D

I know I'm being dramatic here. Especially in light of the poor guy who lost his Passat last month in that Texas multi-car pile up.

I think it is time for a detailing job... might make her feel better.
That, or perhaps start parking the car a mile away from other cars.

West coast parking lots are notorious for their small room.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
That's a shame!

I highly recommend Dent Wizard (or other paintless dent removal services). I have seen them in action (at TDIFest 2009 and other GTGs) and they do amazing work.

I park the Passat in the loading dock at work to avoid the thousands of morons in the general parking lot at work (college campus). No dents or dings so far, but I'll probably get side-swiped by a catering van or something eventually. :eek:

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
pop a dents

that's a shame!

I highly recommend dent wizard (or other paintless dent removal services). I have seen them in action (at tdifest 2009 and other gtgs) and they do amazing work.

I park the passat in the loading dock at work to avoid the thousands of morons in the general parking lot at work (college campus). No dents or dings so far, but i'll probably get side-swiped by a catering van or something eventually. :eek:

x 2!:)

Rose88

TDI
13' Passat TDI SE 6MT
i picked mine up on Dec 17th, the 23rd a wind storm had bought a branch down and dented my trunk and both quarters..... irate wasnt a strong enough word...... shes in the body shop now getting fixed.

TD Einspritzer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Man, I hear you. So far - after 6 months I am lucky to not have a ding in my doors as of yet. But I know it will be a question of time (living in South Florida) and I will be really ticked off once that happens. I was already quite upset when my hood got hit by a rock and put a small dent in there.
Body moldings will not help a lot in my opinion. If you have a SUV parked besides you or if the back door of another car opens what are you going to do then. There are too many different heights of doors around.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Well, I haven't noticed any dings like that, but I do have a dent in a rear fender where I pushed on it too hard and bent it myself!:eek::(

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
yeah I had my new Passat a whole week before some twat-waffle opened their door into my gorgeous new TDI.

However I had it get over it fast because a month later, my wife dropped a bicycle rack on the roof and jacket it up pretty well....

:(

mikeyinpa

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 TDI SE
Got the first scratch already on our SE and swung by VW to buy the touchup paint. Very annoying, but a relief in some ways to get it out of the way. The first scratch always sucks.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Body moldings will not help a lot in my opinion. If you have a SUV parked besides you or if the back door of another car opens what are you going to do then. There are too many different heights of doors around.
Well, nothing's going to offer complete protection, but I (knock on wood) don't have any dings, but there are a couple of spots on my molding where it's apparent that somebody whacked them. I had my previous car ('08 Accord) for about 4 1/2 years and I only had one ding - on the wheel well - that the DIO molding didn't prevent.

Hatseflats!

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I feel your pain! And so did "Rudolf" who ran into my 2 months old SEL last December..

All is good now, can't see a thing anymore - but still.. It hurts ?

TDIL

TDI
2012 Golf TDI DSG Tech Package
So frustrating. I got my first during Christmas shopping season the only time that day I was lazy and didn't park carefully. I paid the dealer $100 to take the ding out at the next oil change. That's in downtown Chicago so $75 is probably reasonable elsewhere. Money well spent as far as I'm concerned. For people like us, we will look at the car and the ding is all we'll see.

fricknbug99

TDI
99 beetle tdi 5 speed,2013 passat se tdi dsg
Got mine 7-27-12, about a week later a rock nicked the hood then chipped the windshield, last week I got another chip in the windshield,POS Michissippi roads.

whiteywhip

TDI
1968 572 HEMI ROADRUNNER 2013 PASSAT TDI SEL PREMIUM
that's a shame!

I highly recommend dent wizard (or other paintless dent removal services). I have seen them in action (at tdifest 2009 and other gtgs) and they do amazing work.

I park the passat in the loading dock at work to avoid the thousands of morons in the general parking lot at work (college campus). No dents or dings so far, but i'll probably get side-swiped by a catering van or something eventually. :eek:
exactly ....agree

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
mine has a dent before i left the dealer. still havent had time to get it fixed.

the worse ive had was i had a 06 jetta and totaled it 3 months later.

tommyt88

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
1200 miles some serious dings/scrapes down to metal on the rockers.... being half asleep, first time on this specific lift and a not so expierenced spotter(wife) its pretty disheartening. also a nice dent above the left wheel well due to trying to push the car a bit while on jacks(noob move)

it sucks but it happens. i am hoping to not have to fork over a ton to get them fixed...

PaulB

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE M6
That's one thing I miss about my old B4. Dings on almost every panel, a ripple down the left side of the car where a deer ran into me (!), and rust coming through a few spots in the front wheelwells. That car got a wash once a year whether it needed it or not, and I never cared or even noticed any parking lot dings. Now I'm back to paranoia, and parking as far out as I can get it <sigh>

cheetah45

TDI
2012 Passat SE 6-manual
It took me one year and 20,000 miles for an azzhat POS lane splitting crotch rocket to hit-n-run my 12 Passat while jammed up in commute traffic today. Foot long gouge in the bumper cover on the driver's side. I have 305,000 miles on my Ram 3500 service truck in some of the worst traffic in the SF Bay Area wthout so much a scratch from another car and this richard runs into a car half the size of my truck. I do hope he becomes an organ donor soon.

dee74

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Well it took about 10 months to get my first dent. Two large chunks of something came flying off a tractor trailer in front of me on the interstate. One chunk destroyed my license plate holder and the other dented in the pillar next to the windshield on the passenger side. The paint is still in tact so I may look at paint free dent removal but for now I will just leave it.

muraole

TDI
2013 Passat SE DSG
I always park back corner of every lot because all of the spoiled little mouthbreathers in their Escalades and Lexus RV's, I mean SUV's, swing their door around like it's going out of style. Kept her clean for 10k. Then had to run into walmart to buy some food quick and parked up front. Was in there for 5 minutes, come out and there is a fat ding to the metal on the crease of rear wheel well! :mad: Still need to run out and get some touchup paint next time I'm by the dealership. No chance of dent removal I'm guessing since it is right on the crease.

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
well we've had ours for a week and looks like someone maybe backed up into our rear bumper while the car was parked.... there are some small skid like marks that may be buff able....however, the car has not been detailed and i need to take it back to the dealership where we purchased it from for a complimentary fill up and detail which im hoping those marks are residue from stickers they may have pulled off at night when we purchased it..... we'll see.

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
I've used paintless dent repair places in the past and they have done a great job. In fact, i have a dent in the driver door of my car and am going to give the PDR guys a call to see if they cannot get it out for me.