What did you do to your car today?

nukemm

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I double-checked the oil change done by a local shop due to my major lack of time off. My wife did good and got them to put the right oil in it (Rotella-T Synthetic 5w40), and not over-fill it. Today I'm also changing out the cabin air filter in the TDI, as well as re-charging the K&N in my GTI, and getting the oil changed in the GTI. After all is said & done today should cost only about $100, and a few hours of time.

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
Between yesterday and today, bought a 1J0 018 930 C from a local dealership, and ordered the supporting parts (brackets, rivnuts, hex bolts, buffers, and sound dampening material) online. Ordered an Ultimate Timing Belt Plus kit from ECS. Changed the oil and filter.

--Chris

horrorxgirl

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GL Golf
i washed the junk off the back window that was there from someone throwing something [gross] at my car last night.:mad::mad::mad:

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
had co-worker switch pins around to finish my lift pump install...

on a side note, realized more rigged crap in my car that was a previous forum members car... :mad: i thought i fixed all of it when i first bought the thing........

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
LOWRANGO said:
had co-worker switch pins around to finish my lift pump install...

on a side note, realized more rigged crap in my car that was a previous forum members car... :mad: i thought i fixed all of it when i first bought the thing........
Can you please specify the proper pin out for the pump, I ran all my wiring last week, and just have to wait till my tank gets adequately low to pop the lift pump in the tank, and wire up the connector.

My recent mod...set up my DWA siren to go off after 20 seconds if the keyhole is jimmyed.

KROUT

persona non grata
Made a tdi sticker for the back of my car. Its says TDI SPORT Black back ground with crome letters and a red I.

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
Gave my ride her yearly paint cleaning,polish and waxing courtesy of fabulous Meguiers Car Care Products.

Took 8 hours to get her nice and perty for the rain!

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Learned the proper use of punctuation and capitalization. Also installed a new power inverter in my car to power my hard wired outlets. This time around I went with a non-digital inverter so I can turn it on with a simple relay. I'll finally be able to put that funk switch to use.

Last edited:

J double R

Fail Train Conductor
TDI
'00 Golf 4 door
yanked out that gaudy autometer cobalt boost gauge (i HATE chrome) and inserted a nice, sleek VDO.. now the gauges aren't mismatched, either. ;)

did a house visit to TDIparts.com, picked up some MTL and tranny bolts, would have picked up the 3-bar MAP sensor till i took a closer look at my "VNT-17" and found out that it was not in fact a VB VNT-17 like previous owner told me, it was indeed a VA VNT-17.. talk about raining on my parade. i hate getting lied to.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
For the first time in I don't know how long I didn't drive anywhere. I only got in one car to move it. That was it.

I'll be correcting that today.

J double R

Fail Train Conductor
TDI
'00 Golf 4 door
ordered a buzz reducer fitting... i forgot that VDO boost gauges buzz. :p
also picked up a new oil pressure gauge.. old one was chipped and rusty, and measured in Bar, i prefer PSI.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I haven't done anything with them yet, but UPS brought these today.

225/50-16. Ready for the next track day.

KROUT

persona non grata
J double R said:
ordered a buzz reducer fitting... i forgot that VDO boost gauges buzz. :p
also picked up a new oil pressure gauge.. old one was chipped and rusty, and measured in Bar, i prefer PSI.

The sell the no buzz thing at walmart in the fish tank department. Cheap.:eek:

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
IndigoBlueWagon said:
I haven't done anything with them yet, but UPS brought these today.

225/50-16. Ready for the next track day.
wasn't that such a happy sight to see those two little bundles of joy? the day mine got here I was beaming for the night.. i even left them in my living room for 2 days so I could look at them every time i sat down. yay. :)

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Installed PP764 nozzles (have mild Aligator tune already): Mr Sulu, warp speed nine!

KROUT

persona non grata
Why do you need to pull the cooler to clean up vac lines. Unless thats your way of says your junking the cooler and egr?:D

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
Not today. But this week:

New vacuum lines.
Water pump.
Head & Head Gasket (click to see whole gallery)

Oil & Coolant flush.
New parts all over internally.
Hidden hitch:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
KROUT said:
Why do you need to pull the cooler to clean up vac lines. Unless thats your way of says your junking the cooler and egr?:D

That is exactly what I meant :) No more EGR, no more cooler! Lots of room back there now. Although I didn't get to the vaccuum lines yet.. I need to find that post that explains it.

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Put HIDs in the A5:

did you install the leveling adjuster set up with them, or just the lights? a co worker did the install the other day, but didn't install the leveling set up. curious if it was much of a hassle to do it all?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Haven't done the levelers yet, because I'd rather do it when the car's on a lift. I was surprised, in fact, that the install isn't too difficult. Maybe the hardest part will be getting two people in the trunk to set the auto levelers.

J double R

Fail Train Conductor
TDI
'00 Golf 4 door
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Haven't done the levelers yet, because I'd rather do it when the car's on a lift. I was surprised, in fact, that the install isn't too difficult. Maybe the hardest part will be getting two people in the trunk to set the auto levelers.
easier than what we discussed the other day? ;)