MFA/FIS/Sport Cluster POSSIBLE on 99.5!!!

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Every junkyard I contact either has no idea what a immo coil is or they want to sell the whole lock tumbler.

If I knew what gauge and length wire to wrap, I would make my own coil and stick a chip inside.

waspie

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 pkg2!
Every junkyard I contact either has no idea what a immo coil is or they want to sell the whole lock tumbler.

If I knew what gauge and length wire to wrap, I would make my own coil and stick a chip inside.
i tried googling for a bit to make my own as well but couldn't ever sort it out.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
I think I have may a way to do a immo delete on the cluster that *should* work. Its all in the eeprom editing. Its going to take some time though.

If it works, I will let you guys know how I did it.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)

I searched around a bit for an immo coil also and didn't have any luck. I think that people who are parting out cars tend to sell the locks and keys as a set and unfortunately the immo coil is part of the ignition lock.

However while I was searching around for a coil, I discovered the Directed 556UW immo bypass module. It's a little black box containing an immo coil that you mount a spare key inside of. It's meant as a remote-start solution for cars that use an immobilizer but I think the coil might be usable instead of a factory immo coil when adapting a newer cluster to a 99.5 car.

I bought an open-box one for $8 and will give a try someday when I have time. Here's one place that sells them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Directed-556UW-Remote-Start-Interface-Bypass-Module-/280620316401

Greg

waspie

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 pkg2!
when i hit the JYs in warmer weather i try to grab them when i find them. I have at least 1 spare right now if someone needs to purchase them

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I searched around a bit for an immo coil also and didn't have any luck. I think that people who are parting out cars tend to sell the locks and keys as a set and unfortunately the immo coil is part of the ignition lock.

However while I was searching around for a coil, I discovered the Directed 556UW immo bypass module. It's a little black box containing an immo coil that you mount a spare key inside of. It's meant as a remote-start solution for cars that use an immobilizer but I think the coil might be usable instead of a factory immo coil when adapting a newer cluster to a 99.5 car.

I bought an open-box one for $8 and will give a try someday when I have time. Here's one place that sells them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Directed-556UW-Remote-Start-Interface-Bypass-Module-/280620316401

Greg
You still have to adopt the key to cluster and that is the hardest part on 99.5.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
Wish there was a way to do a immo delete on a can cluster. I bet there must be a way by changing some bytes around. I gave up a while ago.

VWManDenmark

TDI
none
You have to read out the cluster eeprom dump and edit it for use on the cars, you need to make some changes on all clusters dump when you change cluster, and no you can not get a can cluster to resive a analog signal so that it is working proberly, you will always miss rpm counter signal and light signal low beam og fog light, even if you edit the dump. i have never seen anybody that could do that some diesel clusters work on petrol cars but its not certent and you will miss rpm becouse diesel clusters goes to 5000 rpm and petrol goes to 8000rpm.

i am looking for help to edit my cluster dump so that it fits my new cluster and i have lookd over the world thats why i am here at your forum.

But you can't change immo type.

The sportline clusters is not cheap in europe i bye them from the US becouse they are more cheap over there, i got mine 1j5920926H from AZAP Motors 5433 Buffalo AVE jacksonville, Fl. 32208 for 100$ and 50$ for shipping this is aprox 116 euro and for the same cluster i have to pay about 150 euro + shipping 18 to 38 euro so its much more here in europe. and i need a US cluster becouse my golf4 is costum made so its like a US jetta all over. a new cluster from vw here cost about 578$ a 1j5920826H you can not bye 9xx models here in europe at vw dealers.

If you have a 6 cylindret car you will not be able to get at can adapter som you can get the analog signals for your cluster if you swap from a 1xx919xxx to 1xx920xxx cluster model. thats crap becouse i have a vr6 engine in my car...

Last edited:

tobz@postreleased

TDI
Turbo diesel... truck. :P
Hey all! :)

I'm hoping you guys can help me... the knowledge of these forums is extolled often. :)

So I have an Immo-III (2004 Jetta GLS, US) and an Immo-II FIS cluster (1J5 920 842). I was told it was Immo-III upon sale, but obviously it isn't. Ideally I want to be able to use it somehow so I'm not stuck trying to resell it for less. :p

Is there anything that could possibly be done here to get it working? Immobilizer delete? Custom changes to the cluster EEPROM itself? I don't want to haveeeee to spend any more money, but if something could be done cheapyl... I may consider it.

TIA. :)

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Hey all! :)

I'm hoping you guys can help me... the knowledge of these forums is extolled often. :)

So I have an Immo-III (2004 Jetta GLS, US) and an Immo-II FIS cluster (1J5 920 842). I was told it was Immo-III upon sale, but obviously it isn't. Ideally I want to be able to use it somehow so I'm not stuck trying to resell it for less. :p

Is there anything that could possibly be done here to get it working? Immobilizer delete? Custom changes to the cluster EEPROM itself? I don't want to haveeeee to spend any more money, but if something could be done cheapyl... I may consider it.

TIA. :)
NOPE,
There is to many other controllers like CCM , radio, ECU can not work properly with Immo 2 cluster in IMMo3 system.

Only way is to get Immo 3 cluster , make sure when you buying that 9th number is 6 or 7.
Example 1J5 920 946 C

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
I bought an open-box one for $8 and will give a try someday when I have time.
Well, a year later I finally had time. :)

A while ago I bought a mostly complete body and engine harness (i.e. big box of wires) from a 2000ish VR6 with the intention of using it for spare wires and connectors. This week I tore some of it apart to make an ECU/cluster/OBD-II bench harness to allow flashing clusters and ECUs out of the car. The VR6 harness included the cluster-to-immo coil cable (but unfortunately not the immo coil itself) so I decided to include that in my bench harness to allow key matching. The 556UW includes an immo pickup coil and a relay. You place a spare key inside the box so that the key's immo chip is inside the coil. The remote starter activates the relay, which diverts the immo wiring to the coil inside the 556UW box instead of the normal immo coil on the car's ignition cylinder. I removed the relay (rectangular white outline on circuit board) and added a jumper wire (red) so that the immo pickup coil is wired directly to an existing 3-pin connector on the box:

I removed the unused pin on the connector and trimmed away some of the white plastic and now the stock immo cable plugs right in. Using VCDS I was able to successfully match a brand new Megamos48 chip that I bought on Ebay to my W8 FIS cluster that I've been using in my 99.5 Golf. I haven't tried it out in the car yet but hopefully this will get rid of the annoying immo beep and flashing light that I've been putting up with for the past few months.

The only thing I can think of that might go wrong is that when I performed the key adaptation, in addition to the W8 cluster, I also had a 2000 ECU plugged into the bench harness. (I bought a 2000 engine wiring harness and ECU together with the intention of upgrading my 99.5 ECU to a 2000 and the bench harness allowed me to verify that the ECU was not DOA) Hopefully the immo key adaptation will still work in the short term with my 99.5 ECU when I put the W8 cluster back in the car.

But anyway, good news for anyone with a 99.5 car upgrading to a 2000+ cluster: you can buy one of these 556UW boxes for around $10 if you can't find a real immo coil.

Greg

Last edited:

Maksony

TDI
Golf IV
Good day! Friends, please help me, I want to change the dashboard with a 919 by 920
1J0919860D was no display, there is a dashboard 1J0920821A with display and trip computer, read the forums, but most of those have not shown a photo with soldering circuits. I programmed immo in a new dashboard, the engine started, but the tachometer does not work and there are errors: there is no communication with the control unit airbags, brake control systems, engine control unit. Emergency lights oil pressure light, with the old dashboard everything is fine.