TDI's in Illinois

ibexlatham

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDI 6spd - dead
I'm relatively close but I'm going the opposite direction for work (90/94 to Chicago).
Is it a white TDI cup? If so I believe I've seen you before... though I go the opposite direction. Willow Springs to Vernon Hills in the mornings, usually at O'hare around 7:30am.

Mallory

TDI
2004 Jetta
The guy's commuting daily with our '04 Navy Jetta (tinted windows) Illinois I-55 exit 60 to exit 94 and back again in the evening.

There's also a Orange Chicago Bear's C on the trunk lid and a little stick figure cat in the far right lower corner of the rear windshield.
No TDI Club stuff...yet.

Sightings?

njn63

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup
Is your plate by chance "MR SPUD"?

I left work last night and was next to a black tdi cup on 94/294 at half day rd with that plate...
Nope, generic Illinois plate. I think it starts with V20 but don't quote me on that.

I have yet to see another TDI Cup and you've managed to spot two. :p

Toby_B

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 audi tt alh swap, 2014 chevy cruze diesel that replaced 2012 jetta tdi, 2008 dodge cummins
got stuck behind a black mk4 bora tdi today in Bradley Illinois smoking like a freight train, either the guy driving it was being a jerk to everyone behind him on purpose or it is in need of some serious maintenance, so I passed him in the TT tdi and gave him a nice smoking from the tires and exhaust.