2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5spd Wagon - Boston MA

krekavhts

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 5spd
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5spd Wagon Green – 350,250 Miles

Fully loaded wagon with black leather, ASR, sunroof, Monsoon
Ipswich Massachusetts

$5500obo - Less if you don't need snow tires or VCDS Cable

Bought in fall of 2013 from TDIClub member in NH. The car was well maintained and included a number of performance modifications. I have completed a number of large maintenance items over the last year and improved overall performance a great deal. I have enjoyed owning the car, but life changes are forcing me to sell. I don't have room to keep along with dedicated track day car.

Car had extensive VW Warranty corrosion work done in June of 2014. New drivers side fender, drivers wheel well rocker work and entire new lift gate. The only rusty spots on the car now are the hood (rock chips), passenger lower fender and a ding on the drivers rear fender. See pics. Underside car has rusty bits, but for a New England car, its pretty darn good.

Performance modifications (50+ MPG on highway, mixed commute avg 48):
-Koni Street w/ Shine Real Racing front springs/towing rear+tophats & bushings @ 330k
-Rocketchip stage 3+ (August 2014)
-3 BAR Map (August 2014)
-VNT-17 at 300k
-PP764 at 320k
-OMI Intake (OEM Box with filter at 345k)
-EGR Delete
-IDParts 2.5” Turbo back (brand new heavy duty SS Vibrant flex coupler @ 350k)
-SS Intercooler Piping
-PD In tank lift pump with appropriate wiring (re-done @ 330k)
-Southbend Stage 3 Clutch @ 300k
Panzer Plate
-.658 5th Gear
-Redline Trans Oil @ 350k
-Dashboard Mod – Boost Gauge in RPM Cluster. Cool
-EGT Probe setup for use with Fluke Temperature Monitor

-Major Maint:
-Continental 100k T-belt at 310k
-Continental serpentine @ 335k
-Fuel Lines from tank (previous owner, good condition)
-Coolant Sensor, coolant flush and T-Stat @ 335k
-All Pump Seals (Viton) @ 335k
-Pump Case Pressure valve @ 345k
-MAF @ 350k
-Vacuum system overhaul @ 350k
-Front calipers and wheel bearings @ 325k
-Lots of electrical work including new ignition switch, re-grounding
-Main radiator/condensed fan @ 340k

Current Maint:
-Oil, filter and bypass filter @ 350k (LiquidMoly 5w-30)
-Fuel filter @ 345K
-Air Filter @ 345k

Condition:
-Exterior 8/10 after work by VW
-E-Code Hella lights installed and in great shape
-Roof rack OEM VW with Locks
-BBS 16” 2 piece with 15k miles on Hankook Ventus Noble S2 tires (205/55/16)
-Winter Wheels OEM 15” wheels with Michelin X-Ice 3's in front @%70, rears are X-Ice2's and will get thru this winter but thats it

Interior 8/10:
Small tear on drivers seat. All other leather in great shape with very little wear.
Includes Monster Matts
Monsoon Stereo w/ 6 disc changer works great, sounds great
New hvac fan resistor
AC system gone thru over the summer and working well

Additional:
RossTech VCDS VAG cable (Nov 2013)
Shine Racing rear springs (Need spacers to use, I like towing springs better)
Lots of spare parts
Metalnerd injector wrench and other tools
Spare BBS Wheel

Things to consider still working on:
-PP764's are great for power, but still smoke some on full tilt. If it bothers you, I'd go to Sprint520's and update the tune with Jeff @Rocketchip
-Last alignment was 9 months ago, I try and do every 6 months
-Control Arm bushings and subframe bushings, I have them from IDParts, just never got around to installing
-Washer reservoir level sensor not working, light comes on, annoying beep

This is a great wagon, it was a hard decision to sell. I just have so much work to do on my BMW track car that I needed to sell something. At 350k, its a good car, but with a 100k Acura in the driveway as well, the lack of wrench turning on the DD wins out...

Jeff

Email
NERsoloNovice at gmail

Last edited:

krekavhts

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 5spd
Just back from my Sunday morning drive. Car wants to be driven. What's the hold up? Mods, miles, price, condition?

I'm a meticulous mechanic and learned a lot about these cars in a short period of time. Don't worry about asking me questions or making an offer.

torman

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Golf and Treg
Somewhat solicited feedback: mileage on her, rust, and price. She's nice and a lot of mods, but ..... That's not to say there is someone out there who would love this wagon with your mods (which are nice).

krekavhts

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 5spd
Somewhat solicited feedback: mileage on her, rust, and price. She's nice and a lot of mods, but ..... That's not to say there is someone out there who would love this wagon with your mods (which are nice).
The car has A LOT less rust now than when I bought it :)

Its very clean underneath, but I couldn't get VW to do anything about the Passenger fender, because it is really surface and not rotted like the drivers and lift gate were.

I'm open to offers. I arrived at 6k as a baseline. I've got over 2k in maintenance, performance, tires and tools over the last year. I'm asking about 50 cents on the dollar for those over what I paid for the car.

These cars seem to sell for all over the place on price, but with the mods and extensive service history, I figured TDIclub would be the best place to find someone to appreciate it.

krekavhts

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 5spd
FYI - This is whats taking the VW's place. Still shot from my paddock spot at Solo Nationals in Lincoln NE.

The BMW is going thru extensive modifications this winter and is taking over the garage. Plus a baby on the way in March means I need fewer toys.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
From my opinion as I've been on a hunt for a wagon...these do sell quick and for a higher price then the regular jetta....but km's have an affect on buyers. I'm looking at buying the exact same car, locally but a 2004 wagon without the mods and 530,000 KM (not miles) for $1000.00

Sure it's a great car and probably runs nice but 6k is far from what I see somebody buying a car like this for.

Good luck anyways as you never know :)

krekavhts

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 5spd
From my opinion as I've been on a hunt for a wagon...these do sell quick and for a higher price then the regular jetta....but km's have an affect on buyers. I'm looking at buying the exact same car, locally but a 2004 wagon without the mods and 530,000 KM (not miles) for $1000.00

Sure it's a great car and probably runs nice but 6k is far from what I see somebody buying a car like this for.

Good luck anyways as you never know :)
Hmm, I've seen them sell for more than that with blown motors. That's a steal, I'd jump fast.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Cool boost gauge for sure. Cool color too. I don't think that I've ever seen that one.

I love the BBS wheels too. Just like what I've got on my car.

I might be interested in the snow tires if you want to sell separately and if the rims are in decent shape. I'm probably just over an hour away. I just put my snows back on and would love to get away from the rusty steel wheels. My tires are decent but not great. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I had a chuckle when I read this in your Craig's ad.
Car is fun and easy to drive in the snow with the rare ASR VW Taction/Stability control system.
I chuckled because I thought that ASR was standard from '03 onward.

krekavhts

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 5spd
I had a chuckle when I read this in your Craig's ad.

I chuckled because I thought that ASR was standard from '03 onward.
Might be, but not many ALH wagons with it. Last I checked not many of those past 03! It is a pretty good system on the slippery stuff.

krekavhts

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 5spd
Bump for a return to the frosty north after a nice trip to Florida for Christmas. I've had a few nibbles from CL, but as usual, no one actually comes to take a look. Just hem and haw over price and so forth.