****1996 Passat TDI wagon *creampuff , lots of pics****

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
that's a fine looking specimen!

JollyGreenGiant- are you paying attention?

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI GLS ( my 5th TDI ), 03 Eurovan GLS - VR6 :(
Yeah, I see it... I don't know how I could settle for any another B4V at this point, I just want mine back.

Also, I don't know what's up with the insurance thing right now...

Looks nice though, surprised someone hasn't grabbed it yet.

BTW: These cars are safe! I can personally attest to this.

pas tdi

compu_85 said:
Where's the grille logo
Dog ate it. Previous owner must have lost it, along with the plastic engine cover. THe only thing you get with the car that isn't in the flickr photo album is the rear cargo cover, 2 extra steel wheels, and 4 extra tires.

Oh, and I also have the original window sticker.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
pas tdi said:
....all stock - no mods, .../quote]
Single tip muffler, additional wiring at the coolant glow plug relay, no cupholder and whose radio? Was your mechanic too unobservant to place the coolant line back between the intercooler piping, or was it you?
These are cautionary indicators which say more to me than a proud owner's claim of care and a stack of papers do.

Someone will pay close to $9K, but it won't be me.
p.s. My arm rest cover isn't broken.

Lug_Nut

TDI
elovely said:
does it have a sunroof?
Yes. Note the pattern of sunlight on the passenger's seat in the photo posted in this thread.

Last edited:

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Anyway, someone who moves the front seats forward and backward to exaggerate the space (depending on picture) more than likely isn't going to leave something out like a sunroof.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Be interesting for someone in the Conn. area to go over and check out this "creampuff" then get back with a report.

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI GLS ( my 5th TDI ), 03 Eurovan GLS - VR6 :(
My arm rest cover isn't/wasn't broken either.

It'll probably be up for sale at some point in the near future since the body of the car is kaput.

pas tdi

No sunroof.

The seats were moved to show that the carpets are clean. I even flipped the rear seats up in the flickr album picture to show that everything is clean, not to show a magical vertical seating area. That's why the caption says "Clean seats and carpeting".

Wow, lot of tire kickers here.

rlsrls

TDI
1997 passat
If you want to sell yor car i would list it on auto trader or ebay. However, if you wan to know what is wrong with your 11 year old car list it here.

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
Lug_Nut said:
Mine either. Both of them

Pas- don't take it too hard, the benefit is it keeps going back up!

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDI
greengeeker said:
You mean the one showing the b-pillar? Or the shifter and steering wheel in the passenger footwell?
Shifter's shadow? I thought it was the rear view mirror's shadow! Now I'm not as observant as I thought.:eek:
However I did notice the rubber at the leading edge of the rear door is peeling free, and the boots over the door switch (L rear one at least) is missing.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Creampuff is a relative term. A 1996 Passat wagon doesn't have to be in concours condition to be highly desirable.

RC suggests that someone drive over to CT, check out this car, and report back. It will probably be sold before that happens.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I have lots of tirekickers who keep telling me what the bluebook is. It's very annoying, so I am lowering the price, $8,350 OBO, I want to sell now and stop getting phonecalls at all hours. Edited original post to show the new price.[/quote] What do you want for a free ad?????? So,you been lurking since you owned car-then decide to join when you want to sell?Yeah,this will rub some members wrong, sorry about that.Trying to sell a car-lose attitude.If you really want to sell car,pay eBay's fees and you will be rid of it in a week or less. Yes,I'm a veteran member -I've written a reply before to a "newbie" trying to sell a car-some people weren't too happy.Point I'm making is go through the for sale thread for cars-look at how many are "newbies" that just joined to sell a car. Then they develop an attitude when veteran members tell them about problems they see in pictures/price/etc. Selling a car can sometimes be an annoying experience-I've sold a few myself-comes w/ territory. You will ALWAYS have some lookyloos.Put yourself in the potential buyers shoes-why should I pay over $8k for a 10+yr old car?? Believe me,you will go throgh many onlookers before you will get one willing to plunk down the cash-people who want a B4v badly enough will pay what you want. I will apologize in advance if you or anyone else takes offense to my comments.....

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
I'll have to agree with Bob's comment. It isn't hard to join and try to dump your car. It is hard to deal with the criticism of people who know these cars well. So expect to get critical comments. Keep your skin thick and be patient. Attitude will make your wait for a real buyer increase infinitely. You've started in the right direction by lowering your price. Just tell the bluebookers to throw the book out the window if they actually want to buy one of these cars. That is just honesty, not attitude ;)

Last edited:

pas tdi

tdidieselbobny, there is no intended attitude, but from my end, I've had people make appointments to see the car and just not show up. Then they won't answer the phone. This is why I want to sell now, it's not worth the headache. So I just want to sell now, so I lowered the asking price.

redmondjp

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan
pas tdi said:
tdidieselbobny, there is no intended attitude, but from my end, I've had people make appointments to see the car and just not show up. Then they won't answer the phone. This is why I want to sell now, it's not worth the headache. So I just want to sell now, so I lowered the asking price.
This is pretty much standard anywhere and everywhere--and yes, it's a real PITA, not to mention really annoying. You get those really-excited sounding people on the phone who say "OK, I'll be right over" and then . . . nothing. And if you manage to get a hold of them later, they act like they have never talked to you before.

Courtesy tip for all car buyers out there: If you're not really interested, just SAY SO!