DSG Transmission and Diff oil

Wowy61

TDI
Golf 2012 DSG
Hi Guys. First of all Im new to this site but all the info I have read makes me think you can probably answer my question concerning DSG and Diff.
Is it the same oil for both?
If its separated can I check the amount of oil in the diff and transmission?

I have a weird noise coming from the gearbox at first I thought it was the CV joints but I have replaced both but the noize is just as bad and it feels like I'm driving on a lumpy wheel. I have the wheels etc tested and balanced.

Any advice gratefully received

Cheers

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yes, the same fluid. The differential and transmission are combined into one unit called a transaxle. Sounds like you might have an out of round/blistered tire or bad wheel bearing. Probably nothing to do with the transaxle.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Only time you gotta worry about a diff oil on a VW is on one with a 4Mo (even those with DSG).

The diff or bevel gears (both front and rear) require gear oil, i forget the type.

Sadly no 4Mo TDI's this side of the pond though.

Hsiegl2010

TDI
2015 Passat
Yes, the same fluid. The differential and transmission are combined into one unit called a transaxle. Sounds like you might have an out of round/blistered tire or bad wheel bearing. Probably nothing to do with the transaxle.
Thank you very much for the info. I could not find this answer in the 2015 TDI owners Manual.
HKS