Throttle position sensor

blkhatsilhouette

TDI
2003 Wolfsburg Jetta TDI
Hey everyone, I’m still tinkering slowly with an ALH/5 speed into a 1.8t/auto swap... I’m wondering if the 1.8t’s tps is going to work ok in the finished car or if I’m going to need to source one... the donor tdi car is gone unfortunately and I didn’t grab it.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
I have it on good word that everything is compatible between the vehicles that's not attached to the engine, or needed exclusively by it, relay's etc.

A gasser tach would tell the right speed, just not RPM. Which seems counter intuitive, however, there's a whole thread on it.

I'm in the middle of the swap to a 1.8t myself, thankfully I still have a donor sitting there.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
If you notice on the TPS there is a label. That label will say Gasoline or Diesel, date, etc. Thus, there is a difference. And, the Gasser TPS will not work with the ALH ECU.

IdontownaVW

TDI
MK1 AHU, Colorado Duramax
There are write ups regarding wiring the gasser pedals to work with the diesel ECUs but I did exactly that and the only way for me to get everything to work properly was to find a diesel version....it may be the difference with the AHU and ALH ECUs though.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
I trust jettawreck that he only hooked up 2,5,6 to his T14a and changed his cluster gauge to the OEM plug and everything worked perfectly, well almost, there's that light that flashes for the drive train his ALH didn't have.

Glad I read this though, I will pull the accelerator pedal next, just in case.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
Guaranteed, 110%, that gasoline (OTTO) accelerator pedals to not work on TDI engines.