Heater Fan/Blower not working

the great roberto0

TDI
passat
Car is a 1999 passat 110 Tdi with climatronic

Recently the heater fan/blower has been playing up.When you start the car,the climatronic display displays all the digits and "blinks" for 10 seconds and the fan does not work...........all the other functions of teh climatronic do work, ie temp change, A/C on and off etc......

Then sometimes the fan does work !

It's all a bit of a lottery.Today it's working ,but tomorrow it could be back to blinking climatronic display and no fan.

So any ideas ? I initially thought the fan was duff, but clearly it is able to work.Could the fault be with the climatronic, or is the climatronic just alerting me to a fault elsewhere ?

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Sounds like a problem with the Climatronic. GM cars here in the US had similar problems, where the electronic climate control seemed to have a mind of it's own. You can check your fuse panel for loose fuses and/or relays, but it is likely a malfunction of the climatronic system.

The blinking is likely either a fault warning or just the climatronic system resetting itself. I am not an expert on the climatronic so maybe someone else can chime in and offer some troubleshooting tips.

the great roberto0

TDI
passat
Still a bit of a problem.
Drining to work today the fan just started up after about 10 mins.
So a few mins later I stopped the engine and restarted it.The climatronic display flashed again , with no fan.Then after 10 seconds of flashing,it stopped and the fan started.
Any ideas ?