OH: 2015 Passat 6MT Black on black/letherette

purediesel

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta big build ALH, NMS B7 15' Passat EA288
First off I want to be crystal clear, the decision that I have made to sell this vehicle has nothing to do with the Dieselgate situation. I am an ASE certified mechanic and simply do not want a car payment anymore. I would rather be putting my money towards a building/shop that I can pursue my passion of building street rods and custom vehicles. I love my TDI's and am a loyal VW customer and always will be. I LOVE this car and will probably buy another one later in life, but the fact is that I have a MK4 sitting in my driveway that I am doing a manual swap to that I will be driving instead of this Passat. I felt the need to make this thread in the event that VW doesn't offer a good buyback offer that suits my needs. This thread can at least get the car seen by people and I can gauge the interest to see if there are potential buyers.

So onto the car!! I bought the car brand new with only 9 miles on the odometer, so if you have any questions at all feel free to ask. Bought it from Kings VW in Cincinnati Ohio. With only 18,000 miles on the odometer the car is as close to new condition as you could get. It's always been maintained per VW maintenance schedule and only used the proper oil and filter from ID parts.

http://www.idparts.com/20l-tdi-oil-change-kit-cvcacrua-p-4752.html

Windows have a very tasteful 20% tint all the way around that's not to dark or to light. Tires only have about 8,000 miles on them because I have a different set for the summer months. I get the car aligned twice a year to be sure that the tires do not get any uneven wear. Inside you'll find nice black leatherette seating. Interior is minty clean and fresh as it would be from the dealer. To keep the carpet like new I have had Husky floor liners in the car since day one. I have not touched the engine or drivetrain and is still under the factory warranty for another 1.5 years and has another 18,000 miles of warranty left. I drive 40 miles round trip for work and its mostly all nonstop 60-65mph driving. I have always let the turbo cool down before shutting down the engine and I have also always let the engine come up to temp before using full throttle. I used the break in procedure found on this site for the time I have owned the car. Car gets 38-45 mpg in town depending on how you drive. I get 50mpg on the highway without trying. Im sure these numbers will still continue to rise as the engine breaks in even more and Im sure the next owner would do egr,def and dpf deletes eventually which may also raise the mpg.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=252501

I do not have a set price until after VW has came out with what their plans are for these cars. If you are interested please get ahold of me and we can work something out before and after VW goes public with their fixes. I am located in Alger Oh, 45812 and can show the car to anybody local.

Thank you for looking, and please feel free to PM me with any questions or comments that you may have.

Per forum rules about posting a price.. Here is the price to obide to the forum rules. This price doesn't mean anything at the moment, it's simply to obide to the rules ... $22,000.

Last edited:

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
I felt the need to make this thread in the event that VW doesn't offer a good buyback offer that suits my needs.

If you are interested please get ahold of me and we can work something out before and after VW goes public with their fixes.
So...you're not ready to sell for a while... waiting on VW....:D

Just the car I'd be looking at. Sunroof? Can't tell from the pic..trim pkg?
It is the TDi/6spd that gets my attention! GLWS when you're ready....oh, Ohio not that far for the right car.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
So...you're not ready to sell for a while... waiting on VW....:D

Just the car I'd be looking at. Sunroof? Can't tell from the pic..trim pkg?
It is the TDi/6spd that gets my attention! GLWS when you're ready....oh, Ohio not that far for the right car.
You cannot get a sunroof in a Passat with Manual Transmission that is why I didn't buy one

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
I guess you're right....a sunroof could be had in '13 I know of.

2015....no SR's in manuals....that's dumb!

purediesel

Veteran Member
TDI
Yup, everyone is correct on their responses. No sunroof. It's sad but wasn't a deal breaker for me. I rather have a bullet proof transmission than a sunroof. I did miss is at first, then got over it. Most the time the sun is blinding anyways.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I'll be damned.......need to pay more attention to the newer offerings!

I agree on the blinding sunlight...and I'll add I don't really like the "buffeting" I get with it open in my '06 Jetta at highway speeds. I had a ventviser sunroof visor...but that made airflow almost non-existent so I took that off pretty quick. I did like the option of the sunroof though for around town......or even if it was just for the tilt option.

Oh well as stated, I'd rather have the manual trans.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
You cannot get a sunroof in a Passat with Manual Transmission that is why I didn't buy one
Funny how the different strokes for different folks goes. I bought my 2013 6mt and was excited not to have the hole in the roof like most all the B5.5 TDIs had.
My advice is to hold off until the settlement is announced next Monday. You might get a buy back and $5k. I doubt anyone on here would match that. Remember the big stink Toyota went through on the rusty truck beds? Toyota offered 150% of retail for those buybacks. Be patient. We're holding all the cards here. $7.6 billion waiting for us.

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Funny how the different strokes for different folks goes. I bought my 2013 6mt and was excited not to have the hole in the roof like most all the B5.5 TDIs had.
My advice is to hold off until the settlement is announced next Monday. You might get a buy back and $5k. I doubt anyone on here would match that. Remember the big stink Toyota went through on the rusty truck beds? Toyota offered 150% of retail for those buybacks. Be patient. We're holding all the cards here. $7.6 billion waiting for us.

Be patient

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Nice car, could be one of the very last. Good luck with your sale. I'd buy it if I were in the market. I too would pick the manual without the sunroof, even though I do like my sunroof cars, I like rowing my own gears MUCH better.

purediesel

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank you sir. I just find automatics boring to drive and like the simplicity of the manual transmission.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Nice car. The sunroof on the new Passat is so loud that it's basically useless over 50 MPH anyway.