FS: 2004 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon 5M, Plymouth MA (02360)

kballtdi

TDI
2000 G, 2003 NB, 2004 JW, 2010 JSW, 2015 GSW
Hi There,
We are selling our 2004 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon. We purchased this car used (55,000 miles) from Vermont TDI Imports back in 2007 when diesel wagons were nearly impossible to find. This has been a family car (read small child, large dog, and wife as the main commuters) and as such has some of the typical wear and tear that one would expect for a car nearing 200,000 miles on the interior. The headliner is starting to detach from the roof in the rear and the soft touch material on the center console has become a bit ragged. Mechanically the car is sound and has been well maintained by me and in active used up until last week when my wife purchased a newer car. The front passenger side fender needs to repaired or replaced to pass inspection (the only TSB I missed...). There are a couple minor paint chips and door dings that one would expect.
We have the title in hand and are asking $3500 (cash) but will entertain reasonable offers.
Details:
- Mileage: 177,750 miles
- BEW Motor
- 5 Speed Manual
- Cloth Interior
- Cold Weather Package (heated sets, mirrors etc.)
- Frost Heater Installed
- Sunroof
- 15" Alloy Wheels
- Monster Mats installed front and rear
- Weathertech trunk liner installed
- Hidden Hitch installed
- Pioneer MP3 CD player installed with USB and AUX input routed to glove box
- (2) Key fobs (no valet key)
Some additional items that are included with the car:
- Set of (4) matching alloy wheels with General Altima Arctic snow tires installed
- Bentley Manual
- (2) Spare MAFs
- (1) Spare N75 Valve
- (1) Spare MAP Valve
- (1) Spare Antenna Preamplifier Base
Some Maintenance Details:
Windshield: New at 177,750 miles
Tires: Michelin Defenders installed at 168,181 miles
Brakes: Pads rotors and fluids replaced at ~150,000 miles
Suspension: Koni Reds all around set to firm at ~150,000 miles
Tie Rods: Replaced at ~150,000 miles
In-Tank Fuel Pump: Replaced ~75,000 miles.
Front Wheel Bearings: Replaced both at ~100,000 miles
Turbo Oil Feed Line: Replaced with Kerma TDI braided line at ~175,000
Turbo Actuator: Smart Actuator grafted at ~100,000 miles (see my original posts)
Timing Belt: Complete 100,000 mile kit replaced at ~100,000 miles. Next due at 200,000 miles
Oil and Filters: 505.01 oil, oil, fuel, air, and cabin filters replaced every 10,000 miles since 55,000 miles. Last change was at 175,000 miles.
Some Pictures:
https://goo.gl/photos/gYJbFS6rUxiPkwKj9
Send me an email if you are interested. I'll updated the post to indicate when the car is sold.
Thanks for looking!
Keenan

kballtdi

TDI
Thanks for the bump. If you know anyone local that is interested have them send a PM. Hoping to sell before we get any serious snow.

SMUG SLUG

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta Wagon
I just paid way too much for a 2003 that was pretty clapped out and needed all the work you have already done.

I bought it in september and just got it on the road last week.
I too work at WHOI.

I am really kicking myself in the ass - I could have saved $4k if I just bought yours.....DAMN!!!!

GLWS!!! it is a steal at your asking price.

kballtdi

TDI
Hi There,

A couple interested parties have asked some questions which the answers should be posted here. No commitments yet though. First with cash in hand takes it home.

1. Any other rust issues?
- There is a small rust bubble on the driver's side front fender and also on the rear hatch. Neither of these have broken through the paint. I have posted some new pictures in the album linked above.

2. Undercarriage Condition?
- The underside of this car is very clean for a New England car. We live down near Cape Cod where we only get a couple snow storms a year and not nearly as much salt exposure as cars from northern New England. I have posted a couple pictures in the album linked above but it is a bit hard to capture. There is some surface rust on the a-arms etc. but this is all superficial and pretty typical. I replaced the plastics skirts for the belly pan back in 2007 as they were broken when we took ownership of the car. Since these were replaced the engine bay has remained fairly clean.

The only salt/corrosion related issues were the turbo actuator failure (see other post on how this was repaired) and the oil feed line for the turbo (repaired with Kerma TDI braided line).

3. Inspection?
- The car passed the emissions portion of the state inspection but failed due to the ragged metal on the passenger side fender. We were informed that if we simply put some tape over the hole it would pass inspection. We have the inspection report in hand.

4. Anything else replaced or repaired?
- As part of the whole turbo actuator diagnosis and repair debacle the N75 valve and ALL vacuum lines were replaced with new OEM style lines, fittings and valves.
- The coolant line that snakes under the tandem pump had failed and was replaced at ~150,000 miles.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Keenan