Emeraldhr's MK6 Golf TDI Build

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
I have a 2011 Golf TDI highline 4-door, manual transmission that i decided that i was gonna do a build on. At first ill be doing mostly cosmetic stuff to the car simply because the car has only 12k on it right now and if i run into any problems early on, i dont want to have any problems with warrenty. The build will take a while as im doing this privatly. But there will be a lot done this summer so ill keep you guys posted. and ill be putting up pictures of my progress.
Here are pictures of the car as it came out of the factory:

Last edited:

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
First thing i did was pick up the Euro switch:

Put in some TDI door sills

Took out the stock radio, and put in a ADVENT radio. Mostly for the GPS. (little dirty:p)

Got my windows tinted. 20% all around.

Put on 18" Tenzo-R rims, with 225/40 Continental Extreme Contact tires.

Last edited:

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
like i said at the top. right now its gonna be mostly cosmetics. so tint, spoiler, some accents. im gonna try to advertise TDI on it though, so no gti shifters or badges or other stuff like that.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I almost wish my Golf didn't have the spoiler. In wet winter driving, it seems to help splatter more grime on the rear window. My '01 Golf had no spoiler, and while road grime did build up in the winter, it never completely obscured the rear glass. Even a short drive on the highway in bad weather can really grime up the window on the '10.

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
Cousin of mine has VAG-COM, so i took advantage of the fact and got him to do some things for me:
Windows - roll up/down with key
Lights - Fogs as DRL's
Instruments - Gauge Cluster Staging a.k.a. Gauge Sweep

I also got the Golf R LED taillights with rear fogs from ECS Tuning. Had to change one of the codes with VAG-COM to get rid of the light error, but other than that, it was plug-n-play. Will be putting pictures of that up soon :)

sfpegasus

Veteran Member
TDI
none!
Cousin of mine has VAG-COM, so i took advantage of the fact and got him to do some things for me:

Really? :confused: This is the first I've seen ANYWHERE that this feature can be enabled on a TDI cluster.

Love the car, though.

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG

Yes, please explain. What's the part number for the instrument cluster when you run a scan? Based on all info here and VWVortex nobody with a TDI has successfully activated staging.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
pretty sure you have to have a certain PN cluster in order to do this.
being it i cant, and my friends 10 GTI couldnt, and his 11GTI can.
do wish i could though.

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
Yes, please explain. What's the part number for the instrument cluster when you run a scan? Based on all info here and VWVortex nobody with a TDI has successfully activated staging.
Ya, im sorry about that, i was kinda getting ahead of myself. I was on my way to my cousins house to do all these things when i posted this, and when I got there i found out that I wasn't able to activate staging :( really disapointing.

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
Where did you get the TDI door sills?
Got them off ebay. There is 8 pieces, 2 long tdi sills for the front, 2 short for the back. and there is a bent piece of metal for the edges but i decided not to put them on.

Car is looking great! Would like more info on the radio. How do you like it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqeFMOhss0
thats a link to the video. I personally love it, very user friendly. Only downside, is that it doesn't have a SD slot, don't know if that bothers you.

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
Looking good so far emeraldhr. Even with 18s the wheelgap seems excessive. Might just need to let the springs break in. NEEDS MORE LOW! haha. Maybe take a look at VW driver gear springs??? Think its about 20-30mm lowering. Nothing slammed. Just a thought.

Last edited:

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Ya, im sorry about that, i was kinda getting ahead of myself. I was on my way to my cousins house to do all these things when i posted this, and when I got there i found out that I wasn't able to activate staging :( really disapointing.
Haha. Sounds like someone was a little too hopeful.

Dhimarko

TDI
MKV Jetta 2.0L
Looking super sharp man! only problem is our cars look like they where made to go off dirt jumps with the ride height. You lowering after winter ??

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
Ok so its been a while since I've been on here so here are a few updates...

Really like to clean look os the P3 gauge so i put it in and love it!

The most exciting package i got recently is this!!

There are a couple other things but that ill put soon when i clean my car since the weather has been lousy lately

Last edited: