Sun Roof Leak & Wheel Well Removal

HowieE

TDI
2015 Passat stick shift
How much trouble is it to remove the rear wheel well to get to the drain hose from a Sun Roof leak.

I have read about the problem of the tubing not being connected to the nipple on the roof tray put want to check the drain before taking the interior apart.

I have taped the gasket lines on the roof and still get far more water in the spare tire well than I would thing could be from the roof. Thought it might be the roof rack screw holes but plaied water on them for an hour and no leak.

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
to clean/check the lines without dislodging the line, run a weed eater line down the drain. If you have any dislodged drain lines, the only way to check is to remove the head liner.

Also, were the drain line exits, there is a pinch valve that you can trim to improve drainage. You will find those pinch valves with the weed eater line. Taking stuff apart on the lower end will do pretty close to zero in fixing the problem.

HowieE

TDI
2015 Passat stick shift
With the large sunroof I am not sure I could get to the rear drain holes from the top. So far I have not even been able to see the front drains. I looked just to see what they may have done thinking they would do the same in the rear.

Kary

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Sunroof leak

I just found water in my spare tire well also. I have a 2011 JSW TDI with the panoramic sunroof. I will attempt to clean the lines. If I find anything else out I will post some additional info.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Check for leaks at the tube to drain nipple.
My 2009 JSW leaked at EVERY ONE where the tube joins the white nipple.
Check the many previous posts for more details

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Search my threads for more info and pics

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

JungleFBS

Account disabled, user request
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I've been getting water in the spare well of my golf for a while, when I took it apart and looked at both sun roof drains the water was actually entering via the hatch wiring seal. I used some windshield silicon to seal it up but am still getting a little water from time to time. Could be coming in through the hatch wiper as well (i had that replaced under warranty along with the hatch seal that the dealer damaged in the process).

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
Check my threads I had this and the lines were clogged