Vehicle Tracking

RockingW

TDI
2009 Sedan Feb 09
Is there a way to track the progress of a vehicle from the beginning of production through to delivery? VW is supposed to start production on my new TDI this week and I think it would be cool to know where it is at.

I think some auto makers, Mini for example, let you follow the production of the vehicle.

XXX_er

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf
If you are looking to buy a car they can tell you where the vehical is in general ,if its made yet / if its shipped if its on the docks ...how long you are likely to wait before it gets to you .When I was looking at the brand new jetta wagon in 02 they could seee where the doz cars coming into canada were .There were not enough cars coming in fast enough & they were more expensive so I just bought another golf ...exactly the same as the last one

A guy who had worked at GM told me they would follow their new car thru production on the line and watch it being made ,calling out for buddy to be careful building their new car

RockingW

TDI
2009 Sedan Feb 09
XXX er,

I already ordered and bought the car. I was thinking there should be some way to track it online.