Need a receipt for a MK5 fender and Bumper cover

igiveup

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat, 2009 Jetta
Bought a salvage '09 Jetta a while back, fixed it but it was just parked in my driveway for almost a year.

going through the process of getting it registered but my receipts from the scrap yard don't have VINs on them. they won't do structural inspection without it.

Anyone have a receipt for aftermarket fender or bumper cover bought in the last year? In west GTA ideally.

thanks

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Go back to the scrap yard and ask them to print you one with a proper VIN.

igiveup

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat, 2009 Jetta
I did. My receipt is from Nov. 2016. They told me it's too old and because the car is no longer in the yard nothing they can do.

And just to vent a bit. I fixed this damn car with less then $200 in parts. No Airbags went off, no frame damage. And the retarded adjusters write it off.
I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance adjusters are on the take from VW. Slightest bump on a '09 or newer TDI = Salvage.

Last edited:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That's BS that they are feeding you. They have to keep record of the vehicles they had. The year and colour of the car you bought the fenders off should be enough for them to figure out which car it came from. If the RCPM was knocking on their door, they would caugh up tjat VIN in an instant. But then again, the car could have been hot and they are stonewalling. you. Shouldn't there be a VIN sticker on the fenders if they were factory OE? Are these fenders OE VW or aftermarket, what does the stamping say on the lip?

igiveup

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat, 2009 Jetta
It was already a aftermarket fender. nang-tang or something like that.

yeah they probably just dont care to go through the effort

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Tell them that if they don't produce the VIN you will call the RCMP. If they still don't cooperate, call the RCMP and ask for help.