Dude, What Color's My Car

Redman84

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Last week I picked up a new to me '03 JSW GLS 5 speed from one of the TDI community gurus. It's a California car that had 230k miles and a blown motor and he swapped in a good 154k mile motor and did a few maintenance items like TB and clutch. Also found out then that it has a very new SMF. I feel like the deal was pretty fair for both of us though I'm still in the process of finding out just exactly where the car truly stands and what all it needs. Most everything seems to be in pretty good working order so far though it was extremely dirty. I imagine with a "new" car like this I will stumble onto something maintenance-wise here before too long and figured such getting into it but nonetheless, I finally have my wagon.
Now for the reason you probably showed up to begin with ... pictures.
Got it home. I'm really interested to find the name of this color. And are those VR6 wheels or what?

Got it tinted on Monday - a must have in south central Texas. The pics do it much justice. The paint is hurting a bit but I do like the color especially when wet or in low light.

First mod done.

I'll try and update this thread as things happen. Probably won't be doing any write-ups as they're mostly very well done and documented but I figure y'all get entertainment with progress and pics and I can keep a decent visual history of reviving an almost lost gem.

Redman84

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Came across a few things y'all may be able to answer for me when starting to clean it out. I presumed the mats that came in it were monster mats until I got to really looking at them but now I'm not sure. I like the 'Jetta' down the side though I'd prefer 'TDI' but that's neither here nor there. I noticed that they are slightly different than the monster mats in my sedan.
These are the front, driver's side mats. Only slightly different but still itches my curiosity.

Front, passenger side.

The back sides are a little different as well.

Maybe they are just different evolutions of production or maybe they are different all together. Interested to know either way.

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Jacob, those do look like the VR6 wheels and that paint is Baltic Green (LC6X). Good luck with it!

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Later runs of the Monster Mats did drop the model name embossing - I'm on my second set and no longer have the "Jetta" moniker on the fronts. If they're genuine VW, you should be able to find a part number embossed somewhere on them, probably on the underside.

Baltic Green is a great color - I love how it can be anything from a bluish green to a greenish blue on my '02, depending on the light.