CP3 fuel pump upgrade thread

np9131

TDI
87 golf crtdi swap
Finally had a chance to install the kit. now to just finish the rest of the car. :rolleyes:

sorry for the crap pics. it was a bit late.

Last edited:

np9131

TDI
87 golf crtdi swap
87 golf. but close. :p. progress is slow and i didnt want people to have to wait a month for small updates. haha figured id wait till its in the final stages to start it. ill post back here once i get the car running. lol

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Finally had a chance to install the kit. now to just finish the rest of the car. :rolleyes:

sorry for the crap pics. it was a bit late.
Awesome!! Added to the list!

skycrane

TDI
'12 Audi A3, 96 E300, 87 300SDL
Add me to the list as well :) just got it back from the shop

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
This is amazing..... From an '87 Golf common rail conversion rocket, to a Luxury 2012 Audi S-line!!
Wonderful to see all these bulletproof CP3 powered cars out there.
Thanks!!
Andrew

Last edited:

IDoSeaDoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta, CJAA 6spd
I want to CP3 my own TDI. Since she's a Copart rescue car, there will be no buy back. Seeing as how it's the only car worth owning (for a myriad personal reasons), I wouldn't sell her back anyway. This seems like a no-brainer mod for someone like me who plans to keep their car as long as I plan to. Only thing holding me down right now is money. If anyone wants to revert their car back to stock, I have a perfectly functional stock pump setup I'd trade them. No sense giving back an upgraded car. If you're in NC, I'll even revert it back for you. This kind of work is a cake-walk next to the BMW timing jobs I'm used to doing.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Hello,

Count me in. I am a proud owner of CP3 swap JSW TDI.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Big thanks goes to 2micron! I had a big scare with my car yesterday and has been resolved.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Nice to see that you got the new pump. I've got mine sitting here waiting to start the TB.

BTW, notice your signature: "240k miles as of 12/27/2016 - still on original HPFP", lol.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol will update it when Im on the pc. I am using iPhone so I dont want to wear out my eyes lol

Once you get it done, you won't regret it. I can feel the difference and much quicker to crank her up, Almost effortlessly!

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Just over 110,000 miles. Btw, do you have your old HPFP up for sale? I will offer mine up for sale to help out anyone that has a failure prior to their turn-in. I also have Andrew's two kits that I will put up for sale after the install.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
110k miles for 2010? Sweet. When do you plan to do it? 130k?

Yes I plan to sell it as it is. Dont knkw how much I should sell it. It ran flawlessly without any hiccups.

What kit are you planning to sell? I only have cp3 pump and bracket mount mit. Not purefkow filter. Diesel fuel are pretty good around here due to high volume of diesel usage. Tons of diesel lifted trucks here. Aux pump is still there but disconnected for now to see how the cp3 does. Most likely will remove it.

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I hope to do the TB and pump in the next week or two.

I'm going to sell the pureflow and containflow kits that I will sell. Andrew sent me the pump install kit with the fuel filter adapter. With that adapter I can filter the fuel prior to the pump. I'll remove the auxiliary pump.

Yeah, my HPFP has been good to me ( so far, lol). I've used optilube and occasional bio since new. It'll be fine for someone that needs a quick replacement just to get it to the dealer.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol i never used any kind of additive. Amazing that my original HPFP survived this long.

Next week or two to do your TB? Sounds perfect. I am so motivated to drive my car more because she pulls harder with CP3 than old CP4 and much smoother acceleration.

Are you going to do TB and pump yourself or?

JiveTurkey

TDI
2013 Golf 6MT
Please add me to the list as well. I had my CP3 installed yesterday by Scott Krout in Jacksonville, FL. He installed a timing belt kit as well. He really knows TDI's. I plan to go back for further modifications in the future.
Priming the pump for the first start took a while but other than that, the installation went quite smoothly.
I would also like to thank Andrew (2Micron) for being available to answer all of my questions before, during and after the installation.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Congrats! Didnt realize he isnt far from where I live. How do you like it so far?

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Please add me to the list as well. I had my CP3 installed yesterday by Scott Krout in Jacksonville, FL. He installed a timing belt kit as well. He really knows TDI's. I plan to go back for further modifications in the future.
Priming the pump for the first start took a while but other than that, the installation went quite smoothly.
I would also like to thank Andrew (2Micron) for being available to answer all of my questions before, during and after the installation.
Added, congrats!

JiveTurkey

TDI
2013 Golf 6MT
Thank you guys. I'm liking the CP3 so far. Aside from the extra filter, it looks like a factory fit. I haven't really seen a change yet in fuel economy or power as others have reported. I do notice that the pump generates a bit more sound than the original... does anyone else notice that?

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
yes, CP3 makes more sounds than OEM crappy pump. Because its much more mechanical than OEM and much stronger. 3 piston vs 1 piston. enough said.

I gained 1-3 mpg so far.

Thank you guys. I'm liking the CP3 so far. Aside from the extra filter, it looks like a factory fit. I haven't really seen a change yet in fuel economy or power as others have reported. I do notice that the pump generates a bit more sound than the original... does anyone else notice that?

McGuirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI
We should start the FL TDI CP3 club. Had mine for a few months now. I don't notice any more noise than my golf had.

Price shot up after I bought the kit in September. Glad I pulled the trigger. Did it during the timing belt change. Working on my OEM xenon retrofit ATM. Can't get the coding exactly right. Damn LED's. AFS works great. Stage 2 tune going on soon.

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Yes, you will hear a faint gear whine, mostly at idle, slower revs and quick revs up and down.
The CP3 has 2 straight cut gears that draw fuel and feed it to the pump's crankcase and pumping chambers.
These 2 gears make a Glorious mechanical whine.
See links below for a couple cool videos of the internal action of the pump, especially the 2 gears.
You're welcome, thank you for sharing the details of your project! Here's a link to the video: http://youtu.be/H-CNXDs9208
This video shows how smooth and easy the pump rotates.
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t428/2micron/aa513ce5.mp4
Thanks and great question!!
Andrew

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Looks like a standard timing belt kit to me. At the same price as my dieselgeek kit. As far as the CP3 being louder, I barely notice any difference. Though my car is essentially straight piped- so it is much louder than stock. To me it sounds like a very faint turbo spool sound.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I guess my hearing is pretty terrible. Had a friend tell me today that the pump sounds sort of like an industrial sewing machine- just not as loud and in a good way. I'll take his word for it. :)

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I'm having terrible luck getting my CP3 installed. I'm not mechanically experienced enough to do it myself, so I'm having it done.
Currently my issue is the EGR valve seems to be in the way of the metal fuel line, preventing it from connecting to the pump. Apparently you need to have an EGR delete race pipe for it to fit. I just have the EGR blocked off, but the valve is physically present. Is there any way to work around, or do I need to source a race pipe to make this work?