TDI Mechanic in the Columbus, OH area???

Kab09

TDI
2009 jetta
I have a 2009 Jetta TDI with 170k. The low pressure alarm is coming on. I looked at the sticky, and called dealers. Everyone i called either; wont pick up/wont call back, wont touch it, or wants $100 per/hour.

This is my DD, so im in a little bind. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Its Millersport, not Williamsport, but his issue is beyond my comfort level. (im the wont touch it)

Did you try Jons Auto and Eurowerks? Theres also Chuck in Cincinnatti at Dubwerx.

He (OP) believes that the hex shaft that drives the oil pump through the balance module has worn out like the B5.5s were doing before the whole chain drive thing came to light. and since I haven't ever touched one of those, I decided that it would be best for my own sanity to keep that policy.

does anyone know about this issue, that might be willing to take a look at it for this guy?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
If you can do a timing belt on one, you can do everything else. Pretty simple. Oil pan is right out in the open, like all the transverse cars.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Thats all good and well, but since this is a side thing for me, I really do not want to risk the first one I ever look at being one that is possibly already broken and causing other damages.. I have learned that I do not like working on "clusters" so I like to limit my liability to things I know and am comfortable with. Now, if you would volunteer to come up here and go through it with me, perhaps I would feel better about it :D

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
best option in Columbus is
Eurowerks Garage
5408 Byers Circle West
Columbus, OH 43229-5008
(614) 430-9499

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
Before I purchased my TDI I ran I to someone that owned one. They recommended EuroFixx on Beechmont Ave in Cincinnati. They are on the east side.

I stopped in spoke with them before my purchase. My wife's car had issues one day, took it there non VW or TDI, they fixed the issue free of charge. It was an easy issue for them but they were good.
Apparently they were mechanics at a VW dealership for years the. Opened their own shop.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I've done a BS module on an 09 CR CBEA. With the above scenario I would be concerned about the turbo, which is MUCH more difficult to deal with than the BS module ;)

The one I worked on had a streaming injector, which melted down a piston and did head damage. The rod had to come out, hence the removal of the BS module. The BS module is simple as pie. I am pretty sure its the same one retrofitted to the BHW.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, it's is the same, just much easier to get at given no subframe in the way. About the ONLY part of the CR engine that IS easy and out in the open is the bottom, LOL!