Rawtek vs Buzzken Performance Gains

Iwata78

TDI
Passat
Good morning!

To address the issue of posted hp and tq gains:
We have a blanket type statement across all the pages for all the kits stating "up to 210hp and 386tq". This is with the full turbo-back exhaust, stage 2 tune and CAI (expect 1000000 posts blowing up about CAI's). We simply never did a dyno run on an ECO kit alone, so we don't have those numbers.

It is something we plan on getting to, when the time is available. Until then, we will be putting in a note stating exactly that; so as to be sure no one will be expecting those numbers from and eco kit and stage 1 tune kind of thing.

Also, it is noted, that in different places we reference hp and tq and others it's whp and wtq. This will also be addressed and cleaned up.
We have, frankly, been slacking on webpage maintenance, with all our time being spent on keeping up with production and developing new parts.

We sincerely hope that no one got their feathers ruffled too much over the discrepancies.

Happy driving, the weather is warm up here, so we are taking advantage.

The Rawtek Team
How much of a noticeable difference will my car be with you stage 2 tune and performance exhaust setup ?

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
I had the Buzzken downpipe on my 2009 when the DPF cracked. I also has the small cat installed at the same time with the mildest tune available. It did what it needed to do at a fair price. Drove the JSW for almost over 250 K miles if I remember correctly.

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Why is raw tek double the price on its exhaust kits over buzzken
They use a more expensive grade of Stainless Steel. Not sure why, but I assume because of aesthetics. I had the Buzzken on my Golf for three years, which included Northeast USA winters (lots of snow/rain/salty roads), and it never showed surface rust so I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend more on the Rawtek...but to each his own.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
Rawtek announced their Black Friday deals today. Definitely brings the price down considerably!

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
ive had both...rawtek is 100x times the quality, my buzzken exhaust looks like a rusted turd...my rawtek exhaust is 8 years old still loos brand new. Rawtek all day