A Driver Side Window Electric Issue

lrsavory

TDI
SEL Passat, 2015

I could use a little help from my TDI Buddies out there. I have a beloved 2015 Passat, TDI SEL for commuting 140 miles a day. Everything has been spiffy until a week ago, when my Automatic driver side window ceased to be Automatic. I do (most) all the repair and service work in my shop since we live on a Ranch with many miles between us and a VW dealer.
So without hours of research, I was hoping to get advice on repairing this issue. If nobody replies to this post in a week, I will either learn to live with it, or, God Forbid, go to the Dealer.

Thanks in advance!!
LRS

VeeDubFamily

TDI
2013 NMS Passat TDI SEL
Replace the switch. Had the same thing happen to mine a few years ago. There’s a little plastic catch the wears out or breaks off. Without that there is no second position that enables the one touch window up or down. You can find them cheap but the cheap ones may wear out faster and require replacing sooner. Good luck [emoji3577]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VeeDubFamily

TDI
2013 NMS Passat TDI SEL
Thanks for the suggestion. I happen to be in Austin today, I will drop by the dealer and see if they have one in stock.

I hope they offer you a decent price. Generally you will pay double for a part from the dealer. Get the part number and the man google that, I guarantee you’ll find it cheaper elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk