1997 Passat sedan

ed mocz

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat
SOLD. 1997 Passat sedan $1,900

$1,900 or reasonable offer. Located in southeast Wisconsin. We're moving and not taking the Passat with. 250k miles and well maintained. I've had it for around 8 yrs. Black with tan interior except the front seats are black leather from an Audi. They are heated. Everything works except the AC and the blend door. New clutch a couple of yrs ago, reman rack, axle and pads recently and rest of the front end bushings have been replaced. Body has some rust popping up, chassis is solid, both front fenders are new. Redid the headliner years ago and still looking good. Could use rear calipers and rotors again. Right rear parking brake is sticking again and is disconnected. Put a new cable on that side. Upgraded shifter and tower with short shift. Is my DD, but needs to go. I'd drive this anywhere, it's been very dependable. I'll get pics up tomorrow. Still has the ORIGINAL CUP HOLDER.

Last edited:

glacier9

TDI
03 Jetta TDI wagon, (2) '96 Passat TDI wagons, (2) '84 GTI's; '86 RX7; 2010 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
What model and year Audi did you get the seats from? Did they slide right in, or did you have to modify?

ed mocz

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat
They were from a convertible and were a pain to make fit. A lot of heating with a torch and bending of the mounts. Wouldn't do it again.

glacier9

TDI
03 Jetta TDI wagon, (2) '96 Passat TDI wagons, (2) '84 GTI's; '86 RX7; 2010 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks, I suppose aftermarket would be easier?