Bought my 21st VW diesel

epssax

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW, SEL, 74K
Last month I bought my new(to me) 2014 JSW SEL, 74K. I really love the loaded wagons! This is my 21st VW diesel since 1984. I have owned 5 rabbits, 2 dashers, 2 Quantums, 2 pick ups, 3 new beetles, and 7 Jettas.

I love the sound, torque, economy, and smell of diesel cars. Also owned 6 Mercedes diesels and 4 diesel trucks. My lawn mowers and farm tractors were also all diesel.

I've never had a diesel related breakdown.

Best mileage? 2015 Jetta S, dsg, trips 55 on computer. I once got 60 on a 100 mile trip. Of course, actual pen and paper MPG was about 3 mpg less.

Fastest? 2015 Jetta S. The newest engine was superb. I turned it in as it was a lease. I happened to find a loaded JSW and bought it and returned my leased 2015.

I averaged, pen on paper, 50 mpg when I bought a new beetle in Boston and drove it to Louisville.

Slowest? 1980 Dasher 1.5 litre. The AC REALLY pulled that car down at the stop light. It had a feature that cut out the compressor on full throttle but it never stayed in adjustment. I put new rings and rod bearings in it at about 130K and it helped somewhat. What was interesting that I pushed the pistons out from the bottom and there was NO RIDGE in the bore.

With oil changes and belt changes, a VW diesel will give you excellent service.

imbrian

TDI
03 jetta wagon
the quantum was known as the nissan santana in japan, wild eh?

no euro/vanagon epssax?

the dasher is sexy, be great with a 1.9 in it.....stage2....sleeper, i'd wear a beret while driving it and laught at the wrx crowd. not because faster than them, just because.

my 1st vw was 82 rabbit deez with 191k on it. barely enough power to get up hills at 65mph, radio sucked, but awesome. bought it for 1100, got rear-ended by high school punk who's daddy paid the 900 estimate(under the table) ....of which i spent 3dolla on red tape for the broken tailite, everything else was fine but the dent in hatch....then sold it a year later for 5hundo.

2nd was 96 golf, gas......beat her up, got head gasket problem, got repoD

isnt louisville pronounced "lurville" by locals?

epssax

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW, SEL, 74K
the quantum was known as the nissan santana in japan, wild eh?

no euro/vanagon epssax?

the dasher is sexy, be great with a 1.9 in it.....stage2....sleeper, i'd wear a beret while driving it and laught at the wrx crowd. not because faster than them, just because.

my 1st vw was 82 rabbit deez with 191k on it. barely enough power to get up hills at 65mph, radio sucked, but awesome. bought it for 1100, got rear-ended by high school punk who's daddy paid the 900 estimate(under the table) ....of which i spent 3dolla on red tape for the broken tailite, everything else was fine but the dent in hatch....then sold it a year later for 5hundo.

2nd was 96 golf, gas......beat her up, got head gasket problem, got repoD

isnt louisville pronounced "lurville" by locals?
LU-AH-VUL as a rule. LOL