www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Closed Thread

Old November 29th, 2012, 04:10   #1
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km
Default Daily RANT thread - Ontario

A suggestion from a local member. Instead of polluting other threads with off topic rants, here is a thread dedicated to RANTING.

Please don't use it to flame others, or start a war of words. Just come in here to get stuff off your chest....like bad drivers, high fuel prices, crappy service, etc. Please keep it civil.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'

Last edited by Wingnut; December 3rd, 2012 at 21:48.
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:10   #2
OhMagoo
Veteran Member

Default Daily RANT thread

2 days ago, southbound on hyw 11 approaching the 3rd line of Oro, everyone was trying to que up to get off at the closure for the fire at The Hitch House, slate grey MK4 TDI sneaking up the shoulder of the road in front of the rescue and OPP....
ponder the physics...19000 lbs of highway truck, 17000 lbs of fuel trailer empty, 500 hp, 1850 ft lbs torque versus 2500 lbs of VW that is trying to jump the line....
Old November 30th, 2012, 15:28   #3
Slowrvr
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMagoo View Post
...slate grey MK4 TDI sneaking up the shoulder of the road in front of the rescue and OPP....
That has to be in the top ten list of a hole moves at the best of times, never mind when there has been an accident or other emergency.
Old November 30th, 2012, 15:32   #4
ng3
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowrvr View Post
That has to be in the top ten list of a hole moves at the best of times, never mind when there has been an accident or other emergency.
I hope I haven't done this to anyone on here, but i have a habit of staying on the right lane and watching for these "special" people and throwing pennies at their car as they drive by.

Why are you in more of a rush than me, we all have somewhere to be.
Old November 30th, 2012, 15:49   #5
Tsagoth
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng3 View Post
I hope I haven't done this to anyone on here, but i have a habit of staying on the right lane and watching for these "special" people and throwing pennies at their car as they drive by.
LOL. A few years ago I was in stop 'n go EB on the 401 at Keele. Some guy a couple of cars ahead decided he was going to jump into the onramp from Keele and boot up it and then cut back in at the end. I had some warm fuzzies when I saw the unmarked cruiser in front of me suddenly flip on his lights and rocket out after the guy. I didn't have any pennies to chuck as I passed him though.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 08:36   #6
geoman
Veteran Member

Quote:

it's because i'm better than you.
sincerely, the Donald.

oh, and by the way, you're fired.

(mutter...damn peons/gta traffic.don't we own the 407?...wish i was in nyc... damn unreliable chopper...mutter..don't these people know who i am?!)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 13:42   #7
falcon_1898
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.5 to 6.5 L/100km

Quote:

Good idea! I always have a bunch of coins in the car from random shopping.

Time = money. So if the guy is in such a hurry, he must be in need of money!

Is that legal by the way? How about at night?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Old December 3rd, 2012, 16:32   #8
ng3
Veteran Member

Legal I don't know, probably not, but what would you get charged for? Littering?
Anyway it won't last much longer with the pennies going away, I'm not about to start throwing my Timmies fund out the window

Edit: At night they don't bother me, there's not enough traffic, at 5pm though North 400 between Rutherford and Major Mac different story.

Last edited by ng3; December 3rd, 2012 at 18:28.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 18:09   #9
mecne
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 15 Jetta TDI

Half full Timmys went out the sunroof of my Sunfire (pre TDI car) at a guy once .. pissed me off to no end on the 401 express going through Toronto .. I usually keep my temper in check but that day the tailgating and flashing of the lights just put me over the edge .. 130 - 135 km/h just wasn't fast enough for him ..

All I saw as I zipped across 3 lanes to the collectors was creamy sugary coffee being smeared all over his windshield from his wipers , BMW X5 I think it was ..

dangerous and stupid yes .. but was satisfying at the time ..
Old December 3rd, 2012, 18:29   #10
TDIFred
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 64, 60, 48
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecne View Post
Half full Timmys went out the sunroof of my Sunfire (pre TDI car) at a guy once .. pissed me off to no end on the 401 express going through Toronto .. I usually keep my temper in check but that day the tailgating and flashing of the lights just put me over the edge .. 130 - 135 km/h just wasn't fast enough for him ..

All I saw as I zipped across 3 lanes to the collectors was creamy sugary coffee being smeared all over his windshield from his wipers , BMW X5 I think it was ..

bad, but I like it. best use of a double-double yet!
1994 Ducati 900 Supersport Red
2014 Ducati 899 Panigale Red
Old December 3rd, 2012, 19:12   #11
diesel8uUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecne View Post

Hate to say it, but if you're hoggin the left lane you better move out of the way of a faster car behind you and not complain about how fast you're going. Left lane is and was designed as a passing lane and it don't matter how fast you're going and getting upset over the fact that someone wants to go faster than you is plain childish. Know the rules of the road, just my 2 cents.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 19:16   #12
Purch
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel8uUp View Post
Know the rules of the road, just my 2 cents.
Speed limit is 100km/h
Old December 3rd, 2012, 19:22   #13
diesel8uUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDi-Golfer View Post
Speed limit is 100km/h
For the lambs who follow the sheep dog!!!!
Old December 3rd, 2012, 19:35   #14
TDIFred
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 64, 60, 48

it is not for any of us to decide what the speed limit is; if you're being tail-gated in the fast lane, and you do not like it, move over or go faster.
I will admit to running an experiment once, the result was: no one tailgates a motorcycle doing 160.
however, what does any of this have to do with "Official Spotted Thread"?...move it on over.
1994 Ducati 900 Supersport Red
2014 Ducati 899 Panigale Red
Old December 3rd, 2012, 19:39   #15
diesel8uUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIFred View Post
it is not for any of us to decide what the speed limit is; if you're being tail-gated in the fast lane, and you do not like it, move over or go faster.
I will admit to running an experiment once, the result was: no one tailgates a motorcycle doing 160.
however, what does any of this have to do with "Official Spotted Thread"?...move it on over.
I totally agree
Closed Thread