Bora TDI problem

Andyb

TDI
1.9Tdi pd Bora
Hi new to this so bear with me please.
I have a 02 Bora TDI PD 100 bhp. Engine code is ATD.
Had it from new, has 150000 mls on it.
In the last week it's started to run lumpy when cold. Engine vibrating quite a bit. It will continue to run lumpy until you turn it off/on, then runs fine with no vibration.
Starts no problem hot or cold.
2 fault codes showed up.
1/ 18074 Injector valve cylinder 1: circuit malfunction. Intermittent.
2/ 16685 Cylinder 1 misfire detected. Permanent.
Car worth very little, so where should I start looking or us there any point? Tnks.

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
Tnks for that, mine has 2 faults and would it not run bad the whole time it it's a wiring problem?
Not neccessarily.....a weak connection between the harness and the injectors...fairly common problem.
Most shops will just replace the injector harness but some here have had good results cleaning and bending the contacts in the harness so that they make a better connection.
Shouldn't be too hard to find someone familiar with this problem....good luck.

Andyb

TDI
1.9Tdi pd Bora
Not neccessarily.....a weak connection between the harness and the injectors...fairly common problem.
Most shops will just replace the injector harness but some here have had good results cleaning and bending the contacts in the harness so that they make a better connection.
Shouldn't be too hard to find someone familiar with this problem....good luck.
Tnks for much I'll try that.

Andyb

TDI
1.9Tdi pd Bora
Update: Well put in the injector harness and car now running fine. Tnks for the help.