How would one import a vehicle from Canada into the U.S.

grease_pit

TDI
2K Jetta auto, 2002 Golf 5 spd
I am interested in acquiring a Eurovan TDI. Since these were never imported into the U.S., I figure the best source would be to purchase one used from one of our friends to the north. How does one bring a used vehicle purchased in Canada into the U.S.?
Thanks in Advance

jetti

if its like importing from the U.S to Canada it can be complicated. Yhe maun issues are does the vehicle meet your statea standayds when it comes to safety rating,emissions ect.. Im certain you can just google the process as i was able to do the same for Canada. Each manufacturer is looked at differently as far as the government is concerned. Maybe if i import one and you import one and this will cancel the whole process and we wont have to pay anything :)

tdifudge

TDI
02 jetta 291k
Don't unless it's a amazing deal. It strange to say but the us Dolor is less then the Canadian. And depends on the Provence and where its going in the states there are complete different rules on emissions. Or Ontario has emissions test nova scotia don't. Newfoundland has inspection only the first time you plate the car in the province. Nova scotia has inspections every 2 years but it's only a visual inspection of the exhaust and other components.