B4 Parts request before I place a WTB ad

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
... and a "shout-out" for tdidieselbobny !!!

I recently fractured my right arm and currently in PT and not really able to use a stick shift -- He came through and dropped off the parts directly at my body shop!The body shop is able to get most of the rest of the parts through Harbourview VW, Canada and from my own stash of headlights, foglights, reflectors etc.

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
Finally this afternoon managed to meet with the body shop manager and the body man who is actually doing the repair and go through all the parts on hand, parts on the car that can be reused, and the list of remaining parts that are still available from VW Germany and can be ordered via Harbour View VW, Canada.

Only one part remains on the list of unobtanium" parts:
3A0-121-207F The metal 2-hole fan shroud on the back of the radiator.

If anyone has a shroud in decent shape and they are willing to ship to N. Virginia, please send PM.

Last edited:

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Finally this afternoon managed to meet with the body shop manager and the body man who is actually doing the repair and go through all the parts on hand, parts on the car that can be reused, and the list of remaining parts that are still available from VW Germany and can be ordered via Harbour View VW, Canada.

Only one part remains on the list of unobtanium" parts:
3A0-121-207F The metal 2-hole fan shroud on the back of the radiator.

If anyone has a shroud in decent shape and they are willing to ship to N. Virginia, please send PM.
I have one of those.

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
Thanks to everyone who helped me get to this point. My B4V at the body shop is getting put together finally! Parts came from VW Germany via Canada Harbourview VW, other VW parts came from ebay sellers in Latvia, a couple of parts came from JY, and a very few came from local VW dealer.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Nice! You'll definitely have to post finished pictures! Glad I was able to help keep a B4V alive! So I take it you have everything? Did you ever get an intercooler and that metal radiator fan shroud?

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Awesome Elias - post up more pics as it gets closer to completion. I take it everything worked out fine with the front suspension conversion?

Steve

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
tdidieselbobny: Thanks again for coming through with needed parts. The body shop was able to repair and reuse the fan shroud. It also seems we'll be able to reuse the intercooler.

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
I had ordered the very last driver side e-code healdight from ECS Tuning stock about two years ago and shelved it and it is coming in handy now. Foglights and reflectors were still available from classic VW via Canada Harbourview VW.
330 422 371 oil container came from international seller on ebay. The coolant reservoir came from local VW (ordered and shleved maybe 2 years ago?) were two items that almost became a show stopper.
Anyone has a amber / white driver side triangle turn signal cover (the one that goes next to the headlight?) they can sell me?