2.0TDI CR idle issue

jdmsx

TDI
Seat Ibiza 2.0tdi FR
Hi guys, new to the forum here but hoping someone could help with some knowledge on an issue that occurs sometimes. I’ve noticed when slowing down for a junction/traffic lights etc that my idle is staying higher than what it should (around 1100-1200rpm). Before going any further I should say that the car has been remapped with the egr programmed out, and a dpf delete (so it isn’t a high idle due to regen). It’s as if the car doesn’t want to slow down and the throttle is being slightly pressed even when the clutch is to the floor. If I tap the throttle or get the car to go below 1000rpm it returns to a normal idle of 800-900rpm, I don’t use my aircon either and it only happens intermittently every now and again. There’s no codes on my dash and I really don’t want to start replacing parts that aren’t faulty for the sake of it. I was just wondering if anyone has ever encountered this problem or has any experience with the same thing. Will try to attach a video of what is happening if I figure out how to do it haha!

Thanks in advance:)

https://youtu.be/KxpmqYauv-k

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
talk to your tuner. record some data and send it off. also helps to show the year of your car. the idle speed is controled by fuel and not a plate. Throttle by wire? Check yout petal values with vcds to see if its returning. next time see if you can get a toe behind the petal and pull back.

jdmsx

TDI
Seat Ibiza 2.0tdi FR
talk to your tuner. record some data and send it off. also helps to show the year of your car. the idle speed is controled by fuel and not a plate. Throttle by wire? Check yout petal values with vcds to see if its returning. next time see if you can get a toe behind the petal and pull back.
Sorry should’ve added that. It’s a 2011. Thanks for the advice. Will have a look into the suggestions you added.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
they are throttle by wire. and bliping the petal brings it back down. and it never used to do this? If you have vcds check the values of the throttle petal. One failing is rare. maybe something got in the hinge. More a suggestion than advice. Im a backyard mechanic and do research on problems. Its what i can think of. Do you have a high idle when its cold?

jdmsx

TDI
Seat Ibiza 2.0tdi FR
they are throttle by wire. and bliping the petal brings it back down. and it never used to do this? If you have vcds check the values of the throttle petal. One failing is rare. maybe something got in the hinge. More a suggestion than advice. Im a backyard mechanic and do research on problems. Its what i can think of. Do you have a high idle when its cold?
No, it never used to do it. Now it’s an intermittent thing. Sometimes when I’ve been driving around town (stop and start) or when I’ve given it a spirited drive it’ll happen. It makes slowing down a pain as the engine is still racing while you are trying to slow for a junction. Yes, when the weather is cold/icy outside it usually idles at 1000rpm.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
yeah, i could be totally off base. But that is what i would check. Unless a good vw mechanic would know a better cause of it. im just spitballing here. Had a throttle return spring break on me. petal stick under the floor mat. scary.

jdmsx

TDI
Seat Ibiza 2.0tdi FR
yeah, i could be totally off base. But that is what i would check. Unless a good vw mechanic would know a better cause of it. im just spitballing here. Had a throttle return spring break on me. petal stick under the floor mat. scary.
Will have to wait till all this covid-19 stuff is by with now. Don’t have VCDS at home, but a friend has it!

jdmsx

TDI
Seat Ibiza 2.0tdi FR
Bumping up the post, hopefully someone will read this that has experienced this problem before. Video in the first post. Cheers!

Stopx

TDI
A3 Cbbb
I have sometime slightly higher Idle Rpm after start.
Usually have around 800rpm on my CBBB 2009 cr. But occasionally can go around 1k after start.i still have everthing stock .

jdmsx

TDI
Seat Ibiza 2.0tdi FR
I have sometime slightly higher Idle Rpm after start.
Usually have around 800rpm on my CBBB 2009 cr. But occasionally can go around 1k after start.i still have everthing stock .
That sounds kinda like the cold start feature or dpf regen. Mine idles fine at first, but then some times the idle just sticks at 1200rpm.

jdmsx

TDI
Seat Ibiza 2.0tdi FR
Update:
Solved this a couple of months ago but forgot to give an update. Throttle position sensor was throwing an erratic reading. New throttle pedal installed and good as gold again.