Possible to reprogram Key Fob from different car?

jpg98

TDI
2014 TDI SEL Premium
Hello,
I just bought a 2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium. It came with two fobs, but one of them doesn't work. I think it's from a different car as the key cuts don't match. Both fobs have the same 561837202D code on them and the same FCC number as well. The non-functional fob doesn't have the start button, but I'm not concerned about that.
Does anyone know if a dealer can re-code a used fob to a different car?
I appreciate any guidance.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
You might run into problems pairing the remote. KESSY remotes are not paired the same way as non KESSY remotes... the pairing is done as part of the immobilizer training. The normal central locking pair procedure is blocked in the body control module of KESSY cars.

-J

jpg98

TDI
2014 TDI SEL Premium
I have a service appointment at the dealer next week. I'll report whether it works or not.
Thanks.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I have a service appointment at the dealer next week. I'll report whether it works or not.
Thanks.
the immo chip is single use only. while the blade could be replaced and cut, and the door locking fob programmed to the car. the immo chip is single use and wouldnt start the car........ or is this a kessy system?:D:D

jpg98

TDI
2014 TDI SEL Premium
They said the key needed to be able to turn the lock cylinder during the process and since the key cut was not for my car, they weren't confident that they could program it. They would try if I wanted to pay the non-refundable $105 programming fee.
I opted to skip it and ordered a new fob/key for $135. They programmed it without issue - for $105.

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I’m curious why you would pay for a new key if the non-functional key came with the car. Couldn’t you just go back to where you bought the car from and ask them to give you the correct key or ask them to buy the second key.

Especially if you bought it Certified Pre-Owned at a dealership. If it is CPO, it is required it come with two functional keys.

jpg98

TDI
2014 TDI SEL Premium
Not a cpo car, purchased from what has turned out to be a dishonest used car dealer.

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ohhhhh, sorry. That sucks

Yeah, I just went through your post history and say you are the one who posted with the zip tied heater control box.

I don’t mean this in a mean way, but they got you good. I’m sorry to hear that.

Last edited: