John Jackson has passed

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
As reported by Matt in another forum here John Jackson has passed away.

I only briefly met John during the Eurotuning kit orders when he was on his way to Michigan (iirc). However, I have read many of his posts on tdiclub. He was an ardent tdi enthusiast.

Very sad to hear this news.

Steve A

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Steve, Thanks for sharing. While I never met John, he was always friendly via txt, phone, & PM and was a trusted & reliable source for B4 info.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
That is too bad, I enjoyed John's conversation and knowledge on here. I met him once when he showed up at my house prior to a Fest here in Maine (2013 or 2015). I was able to help him with some minor issues he had on his B4V, which made me feel like a rockstar because there is little John didn't know about them. I am sorry for his passing.

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
RIP big John, always helpful and kind and more importanly a great person!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
sad to see this. RIP. didnt know him but im sure he will be missed ! my deepest condolences

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
Sad news indeed... I met him once at the last Fest that was held in Maine and was quite impressed that he drove there from southern California. I always liked his posts, right to the point. He didn't care what it cost when it came to his B4V- to do it right or have someone he could trust to do it right. Diesel on John, diesel on.