These would look pretty sweet on my mk4...

ClimbRunOm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta ALH
Hopefully this is the right place to post this, I didn't see a "cool **** I just want to show you guys" section...
Found these in my attic... My dad used to work for Twin Tires back in the 90s, and we've got two sets of wheels and a whole pile of tires...
The concept was that you would run two skinny tires (125/90r16 70v) on a single rim which would cut water better and allow you to continue driving in the event of a single tire failure. They clearly never caught on due to weight (it's a lot of extra rubber) and cost (it's a lot of extra rubber) plus as single tire designs got better, the water tredding benefit of these wound up negligible.
They're pretty cool though and a nifty piece of history. Unfortunately, they've been sitting for nearly 20 years though and I doubt they're safe to run, so no, I won't actually be mounting them to my mk4... Unless maybe I go get some mini spares and mount them up! [emoji28]

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

ClimbRunOm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta ALH
Just realized all the pictures are pretty potato quality... I'll take some fresh photos later today

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk