www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old April 28th, 2020, 20:07   #1
the_dingman

Default Bucking at consistent low speeds

2011, 6 speed manual. I'm having issues with the car bucking and jerking at consistent speeds, with it especially noticeable on a slight downhill. It feels like a misfire, and happens at all temperatures. I can most replicate it at 25MPH (3rd gear), trying to keep that specific speed. A slow drive in 1st gear, like traveling around a parking lot at slow speeds will seem to do it too.

I know, it sounds like too high of a gear for a low speed. The indicator often wants me in the next gear up - and this is my 9th manual transmission vehicle (and I've never killed a clutch

I'm concerned about the fuel pump issue, but this doesn't seem to affect anything at higher speeds.

Any thoughts?

Previous: '02 Jetta TDI 5spd, ALH. Sold at 379k.
the_dingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2020, 09:49   #2
spooality

Have you tried unplugging the MAF sensor? I'm having a similar issue in my 2012 JSW with 6-speed. Somebody suggested it might be the MAF, so I unplugged and drove around for a bit and the bucking and jerking stopped. Now I just need to replace the sensor.
spooality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2020, 14:41   #3
edma

TDI(s): '13 Jetta HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooality View Post
Have you tried unplugging the MAF sensor? I'm having a similar issue in my 2012 JSW with 6-speed. Somebody suggested it might be the MAF, so I unplugged and drove around for a bit and the bucking and jerking stopped. Now I just need to replace the sensor.
When you did this, did your glow plug light flash?
edma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2020, 15:39   #4
Seatman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: No idea

I had a problem with my egr sticking open so blanked it off, it also got rid of a random miss I was getting. It's a 2007 but has the electronic asv and egr
Seatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 15:15   #5
spooality

Quote:
Originally Posted by edma View Post
When you did this, did your glow plug light flash?
It did. Check engine light came on after I plugged it back in, but went away after an hour or so of driving.
spooality is offline   Reply With Quote