Central California TDI service available--can travel to you!"

Soupinmycoupe

Veteran Member
TDI
Manual ALH wagons.
Im sure matt doesnt need any MORE testimonials, but i just wanted to say how GREAT of a job matt did on my '03 Eurospec Golf yesterday!! Honest and knowledgable, his prices are better than any shop!!

New quiet clutch SMF, trans mount, dogbone, rebuilt inner CV joint, replaced missing bolts, fixed other stuff too. Car drives better than new!!!

I have two TDi's and matt is the ONLY one that touches either of them. I wish he was moving south instead of north.. :|

STAY AWAY FROM UNITED DIESEL IN EL MONTE, CA.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
lol, not moving--yet. Just have been toying with the idea of going closer to the Bay Area. I get far more work there than any place else. Would be nice to not have to drive so much at some point.

There are no plans being implemented, just thinking about it and tossing ideas out there to a few people :)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
lol, not moving--yet. Just have been toying with the idea of going closer to the Bay Area. I get far more work there than any place else. Would be nice to not have to drive so much at some point.

There are no plans being implemented, just thinking about it and tossing ideas out there to a few people :)
To paraphrase Monty Hall: "Come on UP!" (though I'd prefer you closer to Sacramento and Northern California)

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Bay area is over populated. Stay where you are. You are already centrally located to access both the Bay area and Los Angeles county. Just advertise more and wait it out your clientel will grow with time. You have only been in SM for how long 2 yrs? Give it another 2 yrs before making that decision. Thats what I would do. Plus the cost of living up there is more. FYI

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So is Southern California. However, Northern California isn't, so forget BOTH Southern California AND the Bay Area; come to Northern California.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
I'm just waiting for my stock clutch to wear out before calling you for my next set of work. I already have over 100k on the clutch. Gonna do injectors and clutch when it goes. I forgot where do you get your parts from Matt? You get discounts right? I know I can get discount in the vendor group buy section also. What is your favorite clutch for light mods like injectors and tune? Glad to know you are also doing tunes also! How are the Malone tunes? What are the prices on clutches and injectors and labor and all? I'm on a budget this year big time so might just do the clutch first since my factory injectorys seem to be spraying fine! How do you like the ulsd injectors from that place in colorado? Can you get ULSD injectors?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
So is Southern California. However, Northern California isn't, so forget BOTH Southern California AND the Bay Area; come to Northern California.

Hey were in Central Cali we got better weather than Northern... FYI Matt is in Santa Barbara County the BEST.

phillke

TDI
1996 passat b4 now with 376,000 mi
thinking of moving closer to the bay area or in the bay area???? well i am sure there are many people that would help you to move.......myself included.

i actually know a guy who is a vw mechanic (gasser focused), is looking to get out of his business, which is located in san jose.

food for thought.

treyca

Veteran Member
im pro move

A small shop with an apartment upstairs would be ideal with the work hours you like to do. How much is the lease on the san pablo gtg site?

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey were in Central Cali we got better weather than Northern... FYI Matt is in Santa Barbara County the BEST.
Well, the last times I was driving through Central California whether on SR99 or I-5, it was very hot and dusty. As Southern California, the Bay Area, and the Eco-freaks get their way, Central California will become drier and the land unusable.

When Alta California is finally separated from the PRC, we will be able to restrict the theft of our water. Any in excess of Alta California's needs will be available for anyone to buy at not less than $20/gallon. :D

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Not gonna lie, this thread is making me smile today. Several different people trying to influence where I move for their own self-serving purposes :D

You guys are awesome...

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Well, the last times I was driving through Central California whether on SR99 or I-5, it was very hot and dusty. As Southern California, the Bay Area, and the Eco-freaks get their way, Central California will become drier and the land unusable.

When Alta California is finally separated from the PRC, we will be able to restrict the theft of our water. Any in excess of Alta California's needs will be available for anyone to buy at not less than $20/gallon. :D

Were not near the 5. Probably 40 miles towards the coast with a nice marine layer each morning. Check out a map. Water is also cheap here.

smendick

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf ALH 5-sp manual
If you are seriously considering moving up, I'll help set up a kickstarter page and I'm sure we can get tons of people on here to chip in a few bucks to cover your startup costs.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Not gonna lie, this thread is making me smile today. Several different people trying to influence where I move for their own self-serving purposes :D

You guys are awesome...

Aw, Matt, we just have YOUR best interests in mind! ;)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Were not near the 5. Probably 40 miles towards the coast with a nice marine layer each morning. Check out a map. Water is also cheap here.

That's not Central California; that's COASTAL California! :D

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
All you NorCal and Bay Area folks back off!

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
You guys are awesome...
Since we are all telling you where to live.....

OK Matt, can you seriously find better weather than San Diego?

We pay in those BIG "sunshine dollars".

Last edited:

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Before we all take this thread too far off topic. Let's remember this is about Matt making a living and all of us getting the services of a very talented TDI mechanic ( to use an old term).

Anyone needing great service needs to talk to Matt. You will get the straight scoop. AND work done right.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
A small shop with an apartment upstairs would be ideal with the work hours you like to do. How much is the lease on the san pablo gtg site?
That lease for the big space? It's over $3k/month!