BSM Delete

bruca003

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 golf GLS TDI, 2005 passat wagon tdi.
Good morning. When I purchased my 2005 wagon TDI I noticed a slight but noticeable constant vibration when driving. ( I purchased with the intent on doing the delete) So I decided to take the car to my mechanic so he can have a look. After a day of troubleshooting he came.to the conclusion it was the tires !!@@ ok so since the tires had approx 20% tread remaining I decided on a new set of blizzaks. Once installed nothing changed!! Ok so off I went to my own research and found a lot of info on this site and others. So after a few weeks of research and calling around for quotes on both the delete and geared BSM I decided on which. But before my decision I had the subframe and oil pan dropped to verify if a delete was already done. Turned out the constant vibration was due to the delete already done. I decided to go with the geared BSM and put the vehicle back to factory spec with an updated BSM. After the geared BSM install I am very happy to say the engine vibration is completely absent while driving. There was approx $1000 difference in pricing between the delete and a BSM replacement ( highly recommended by me since I drove and felt both ) you wont regret the extra money spent.

** now I need to start another thread on why I have this constant vibration at idle and not in neutral.. but I will elaborate further on the other side..

Last edited:

ajjw0828

TDI
2005 Passat GLS (5.5.) 2.0L BHW
I did the kerma BRM or whichever is the higher pressure and like it. I would recommend making your own crank lock tool out of a piece of L channel. You just drill a couple holes in it and a half circle hole for the crank bolt. The tool costs hundreds of dollars otherwise and only took me like half an hour to make. I went with the 1.8 motor mounts there is some vibration but I don't mind, and it's only at idle. Otherwise just be careful when drilling and tapping the oil feed plug hole, to not get any shavings in the engine. I stuffed a paper towel down then rotated the engine and drilled up so the shaving would fall down. Then removed the paper towel and douched out real good with some cleaner being careful to stick the nozzle past the shavings so cleaner drained out and carried the shavings with them. Also I'm guessing you'll be filling the trans, I just put a valve stem on the top of a 5 quart container of trans fluid and then had the hose come out from the bottom of the container up and into the fill port ont he trans. Used compressed air to fill. Make sure the car is jacked up on all four, and up to the correct temp per Vag com/ OBD 11, and add the fluid as someone cycles through the gears leaving it in each gear for maybe like 20 seconds each. I did this a few times. Worked well for me. 20,000 miles on the car since the delete and trans fluid top off. Good Luck!