Lost cruise control; how do i check all the switches?

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
Anyone know how you check the various clutch switches as well as the one on the turn stalk? I was driving on the highway and i lightly pulled the handbrake as I thought I might have a sticky caliper after which it just wont turn on again. Parking light isn't on anymore of course but this is weird, i've done it before with no issues. What do I check in vag com?

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Hope to hear back. My disappeared after replacing the battery. Light comes on but switch does nothing. This happened once before after a repair was done due to an accident and Jeff from rocket hip went under the dash to some switch and got it to work again in 2 seconds but I do not know what he did.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Hope to hear back. My disappeared after replacing the battery. Light comes on but switch does nothing. This happened once before after a repair was done due to an accident and Jeff from rocket hip went under the dash to some switch and got it to work again in 2 seconds but I do not know what he did.
Lots of info here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html including:

Activating Cruise Control on a new ECU (DBW): Factory fresh ECU's often come with cruise control de-activated. If this is the case, there will not be a letter "G" in the Component field of VCDS when connected to the Engine.

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]

Enter 11463 to activate cruise control
[Do It!]

After doing this procedure, there should be a letter "G" in the Component field.

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
Turns out, the clutch switch for cruise was stuck in; pushing the clutch in would not release it, so technically cruise should not have turned off when i pushed the clutch in, but im not sure how the system works. anyways, i pulled it out and it should be good.

Update: cruise works fine now

Last edited: