sudden power loss under hard acceleration

tstdimk4

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
For the past couple months i have been having this strange problem with my 01 jetta TDI. when i do a hard acceleration the car suddenly loses what seems like all power for a split second then will come back. it is like a sudden halt that jerks you forward. im not sure what is causing this but it really annoying... i know that it is not my clutch slipping cause my rpm's dont jump when it happens. i think i started noticing it after i cleaned out my manifold and i think that it might be the egr.. maybe the vaccume line going to small black plastic valve is somehow leaking and it closes the butterfly valve inside the egr and gives me the sudden power loss. if anyone has had this problem and can offer some advice to what may be the cause of it i would appretiate it. all i know is as soon as i get the money im doing an egr delete.

RT1

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf 1.9 TDI w/tiptronic 09A
Reads like an overboost problem. Perhaps in the cleaning process the intake Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor was damaged sending a goofy signal to the N75 valve. Check the connections and vacuum lines.