How Do I Replace The REAR Wiper Blade?

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
What's the technique to replace the REAR wiper blade on our 2010 JSW? The rear wiper arm assembly is different from the front and it isn't apparent to me how to separate the blade from it. Thank you. [VW P/N 1K9955427]

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
Never mind -- I just figured it out. The rightmost portion of the clip in the center of the arm slides a short distance toward the right to free it. Our blade had been in place for 6+ years, so the clip was reluctant to slide. All is well now; wife happy.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
What got me was that I had to buy the replacement from the dealer. I could get front wipers at AutoZone but not the back.

TRAMPLINEMAN

TDI
JSW
What got me was that I had to buy the replacement from the dealer. I could get front wipers at AutoZone but not the back.
No, you didn't have to. You buy a regular wiper blade and take it apart. Take the rubber blade out of your existing wiper and put the new rubber in. Takes about 5-10 minutes and cost maybe $9.

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
I squandered $18.98 on mine, paid on our $500 TDI Emissions Event Gift Card. If it lasts six years like the previous rear blade, the annualized cost of $3.16 becomes easier to face. <g>