2013 TDI Sportwagon Trailer Wiring Q's

mulletstyle

TDI
2013 Golf Sportwagon TDI, Highline
Hi Everyone...

Newb here!

I've been a passionate car owner ('79 Triumph, '90 CRX, '86 AE86, '04 WRX) and always been on forums for each car I've owned in the past and finally find myself here with my (Canadian) Golf Sportwagon.

My question is this, I've installed a hitch and the accompanying wiring and ran into some trouble. I have the left side turn signal working but no right side, running light or brakes (in fact the latter also makes the left turn signal work). Are there any good wiring diagrams for the Canadian Sportwagon so I can go back in and fix the problem?

I really just need the wire colour & trace for the RH signal, running & brake. I was *pretty* confident about what I spliced into but obviously it didn't take. I think there were some wiring colour differences between the Canadian Golf Wagon and the US Jetta Sportwagon.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Joel

mulletstyle

TDI
2013 Golf Sportwagon TDI, Highline
Yes!

Used a Curt powered converter.

Looking like the PWM system may have caused me some confusion when I probed the connectors.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I didn't have any trouble installing the wiring in my 2010 GSW. No wiring differences between US and Canadian cars I am aware of. I used the wiring instructions from etrailer, which is where I bought the hitch and Tow Ready 119179KIT protected Modulite with 4 pole harness. I couldn't find that converter on the site just now but did find these instructions http://www.etrailer.com/instructions.aspx?pn=119250KIT
If the link doesn't work search trailer wiring, golf wagon and select a kit, then scroll to bottom of the basic instructions where the link to detailed instructions is.