Thanks All!

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
As a satisfied TDI club member that had a great time at PDX 2010 I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who played a part in preparations, volunteers etc and those that contributed their time and knowledge to the benefit of all.

Unlike the trip down that took nearly 9 hours in gridlock much of the time, we left PDX at 6:00 AM and made it home in 6 hours with a fuel and breakfast stop.

Was surprised that festive season starts so early in the states with so many twinkling blue and red lights on the way home:D.

Thanks again,
Icecap (aka) Frank & Gwynnyth

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
9 hours? When did you leave? We hit the border about 6 pm friday night and waited about 35 min. We then cruised right into Olympia Friday night no traffic hold ups at all. Did you leave on Saturday?

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
9 hours? When did you leave? We hit the border about 6 pm friday night and waited about 35 min. We then cruised right into Olympia Friday night no traffic hold ups at all. Did you leave on Saturday?
Left at 10:30AM Friday after my wife had a Dr. apt. stopped for lunch in Seattle PIER 54 at about 1:00 pm. Left at 2:30 arrived at PDX 7:45 Traffic was hideous as it was either 15 MPH or stop, wait and go a couple of car lengths. Traffic didn't start to flow until south of ft. Lewis. There were also a couple of wrecks with fatalities along the way but in the other direction.

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I will 3rd the thanks...

I am very honored and proud to have worked with such an amazing group of people for this entire year. I want you to know how happy it has made me to watch this event grow, and watch our friendships grow with it. *hugs* :)

To all the volunteers... THANK YOU! Volunteers who help to bring all the events together (tech sessions, tire swaps, etc) and those ran tables for us and ran around along side the staff to help support them. We, the staff, appreciate all your help. Our lives would have been very difficult without you. :D

To Fred... you da man.

To everyone that attended... without you, fest would have flopped. Thank you for your support, contributions, and frankly, thanks just for being there!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Better late than never but here it is:

A huge thanks to all those that sacrificed their time and efforts to organize TDI Fest 2010 and make it the huge success it was! As a first-time Fest attendee, I had a great time seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. The overall feel of the Fest was one of familiarity and comradery, whether people knew each other or were meeting each other for the first time. We were all there with one thing in common - TDIs!

Well done everone and thanks for the great job!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I too have to give a big thanks out to everyone from the Organizing committee who did an outstanding job, the steering committee to help with the transfer of knowledge from past fests, all those volunteers that were running around, the vendor and sponsours who enabled us to have the raffle and auctions and provided us with some cool stuff to look at/win and even purchase. Most important of all, the members who were able to make it to the fest as it would have been pretty boring without you! The members of TDIClub are what really makes this place what it is and TDIFest is an extension of that.

I know I had a great time myself and it seems others did to which was one of the main goals and TDIClub now has funding for another year.
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE for making TDIFest 2010 a huge success, now the question remains, where will it be next year! :D

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Thanks to everyone who showed up to our little party!
:D:D:D
Keli

nerdherdman

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Hi,

This is the best vacation I ever had. The TDI fest was organized like a well tuned TDI. There is great food at the Bridgeport Tavern in downtown Portland. My wife and I went to Crater Lake on the way back to Santa Rosa Ca.

The weather was great. The talking with other TDIers was great. Again thanks to all the staff it was well planned. I am lucky, I won 2 prizes the 2nd best A3TDI and the please wash me award.

Thanks to all,
Stan

Last edited:

spiceredwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
06 wagon
A big thank you to all the volunteers that made the event so good. I arrived home Tuesday night.
Really loving the RC tune, feels like a zippy car now.