Considering selling my Black TDI Cup

thomasbruns

TDI
2010 TDI Cup
I have a Black TDI Cup Edition that I quite simply do not drive anymore. I kept it through the buy back program and now it mainly sits around. Its a Black 2010 TDI Cup with 160,000 miles, 6 speed, Sunroof, Nav, Malone Stage 2 tune w/egr/dpf/ and cat delete and stainless exhaust. The clutch has about 10,000 miles and the Michelin PS 2's are about 5,000 miles old. Just had a complete fluid change at VW and included a full brake job.

Thunderbunny front end. Spoiler. Its a heavily optioned model and I have NEVER seen another on the road. With the tune and delete, it truly gets 50+ MPG and has more torque than it should.

Considering selling. Whats the market like out there?

Tom

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
Many TDi Cup owners ended up selling their cars back to VW during the emissions scandal. It's rare when I see one for sale on this forum, maybe once a year. Therefore it's hard to come up with a price range since there are not many of them available for sale.

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
For reference - Last TDI Cup I saw posted here and on Car Gurus was also Black Tdi Cup, Malone stage 3.5 with CP3 pump and too many upgrades to list, he was asking 14k but I know he struggled to sell and someone I know offered him 10k and he was interested in selling for that offer.

thomasbruns

TDI
2010 TDI Cup
Many TDi Cup owners ended up selling their cars back to VW during the emissions scandal. It's rare when I see one for sale on this forum, maybe once a year. Therefore it's hard to come up with a price range since there are not many of them available for sale.
I never considered selling mine back with the emissions scandal. I bought it to drive and it is truly a drivers car, especially with the delete and tune. It will hang with a lot of other cars and get 45-50 MPG cruising at 75.

Anyway...I will get more pictures this weekend and post to those who are interested. We bought a Lake House and I need a truck more than I need the Jetta. With the upgrades and maintenance, it is a great car.

Tom

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I would probably give more than the car is "worth" in the market, since I think those are neat cars. Black wouldn't be my first choice of color, but still a manual Cup car is special regardless. They did not sell many of these, there was a breakdown of numbers and colors somewhere, and I know the red one that used to come in here was one of six so configured. Shame so many of these got bought back.

Right now, though, you are competing against the buyback resell cars, which are CHEAP. I have had a few come through here recently that were had for less than $8k, and they were not bad examples albeit not perhaps creampuffs either. But still.

There are likely no Cup cars available through the resell program. And it truly is the ONLY diesel Volkswagen EVER sold here that had any sort of performance/enthusiast flair to it, even if the powertain was nothing special.

If I were wealthy, I'd buy yours! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I know if I had that car, it wouldn't be sitting often.

FordTech2004

TDI
2002 Golf
Let me know when you figure out a price, I was looking for an older TDI to replace my golf that was totaled but I could be persuaded if the price is right.