P2004 and P2006 help

Jeff7

TDI
None
Hey guys, having some CEL issues in my 09 Jetta TDI. I had a P2004, P2006 and P2015 all happen at the same time. I bought and installed the bracket from diesel geek and cleared the codes. After a bit of driving the P2004 and P2006 codes came back, I've tried clearing them but they always come back. At the suggestion from someone from diesel geek I removed the V157 motor again to inspect the bracket and the actuator arm/dogbone.

As you can see in picture #1 I think the bracket is installed correctly, good and flush. In picture #2 you can see the dogbone is sitting properly on the manifold side of the connection. In picture #3 you can see the dogbone doesn't sit well on the motor side, it's very loose. It all still moves around though, I can send a video of what it does on start and shut down if you want. Do you guys think this loose connection could be my issue? Do you think it's wear on the dogbone or the motor (so I know what to replace). I've hard a time finding either of these parts in my area so I'd like to be sure before I go any further with trying to track down parts.

Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

I also found these instructions from another thread here and here are my results:

Pin 1 to 3:
Specificed: Approx 5V
Measured: 4.97V
-> GOOD

Pin 4 to 5:
Specified: Near 4.35V
Measured: Continuously goes up to 4.31V and down to 0.0V
This is weird, is it supposed to sit at ~4.35V consistently or should it fluctuate?
-> NOT SURE

Pin 2 to 3:
Specified: Approx 5.01V
Measured: 4.94V
->GOOD

Did not go beyond this point in the instructions. What do these results say to you guys? is that fluctuation not good? Is 4.94V considered approx 5.01V?

Thanks.

andste

TDI
VW PASSAT 1.9 TDI 96kw
Hey guys, having some CEL issues in my 09 Jetta TDI. I had a P2004, P2006 and P2015 all happen at the same time. I bought and installed the bracket from diesel geek and cleared the codes. After a bit of driving the P2004 and P2006 codes came back, I've tried clearing them but they always come back. At the suggestion from someone from diesel geek I removed the V157 motor again to inspect the bracket and the actuator arm/dogbone.
As you can see in picture #1 I think the bracket is installed correctly, good and flush. In picture #2 you can see the dogbone is sitting properly on the manifold side of the connection. In picture #3 you can see the dogbone doesn't sit well on the motor side, it's very loose. It all still moves around though, I can send a video of what it does on start and shut down if you want. Do you guys think this loose connection could be my issue? Do you think it's wear on the dogbone or the motor (so I know what to replace). I've hard a time finding either of these parts in my area so I'd like to be sure before I go any further with trying to track down parts.
Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

I also found these instructions from another thread here and here are my results:
Pin 1 to 3:
Specificed: Approx 5V
Measured: 4.97V
-> GOOD
Pin 4 to 5:
Specified: Near 4.35V
Measured: Continuously goes up to 4.31V and down to 0.0V
This is weird, is it supposed to sit at ~4.35V consistently or should it fluctuate?
-> NOT SURE
Pin 2 to 3:
Specified: Approx 5.01V
Measured: 4.94V
->GOOD
Did not go beyond this point in the instructions. What do these results say to you guys? is that fluctuation not good? Is 4.94V considered approx 5.01V?

Thanks.
Hi jeff how did you fixed your problem?