Has anyone dealt with Bill 87turboquttro??? any feed back?

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Small claims court at least here in CA is a waste of time (don't know anything about MA), if you win in court and the other party do not want to pay, ,,they'll just ignore it and ignore it and they get away, ask me how I know, we sent invoices to customers from my company and when they do not pay them, we have to take them to small claim court, in some cases they pay,, and approx. the other 65% we have to take a hit, all they have to do is run and hide and they can actually get away.
In most states if you have a judgment you can file it with the county of residence of the person owing that judgment and then go to the local sheriff and the sheriff will seize any non exempt property then auction it off and pay you the proceeds. The judgment will also go on their credit report and many states will not allow renewal of professional licenses until the judgment is satisfied or a payment agreement is reached. It's still a huge pain in the ass though.

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
In most states if you have a judgment you can file it with the county of residence of the person owing that judgment and then go to the local sheriff and the sheriff will seize any non exempt property then auction it off and pay you the proceeds. The judgment will also go on their credit report and many states will not allow renewal of professional licenses until the judgment is satisfied or a payment agreement is reached. It's still a huge pain in the ass though.
Txs Scotty for the input, as of now my head and cam has 1 year anniversary , they have been kidnapped in a solitary confinement in Canton MA!!

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
since u aren't likely to get it back by now are you going to continue your build at some point?

from what i understand, TDIs were never his bread and butter anyways...i think he had his priorities elsewhere

FWIW it's his loss as well. loss of respect by the community and loss of potential new customers

i would rather deal with someone that eats, speaks, breathes TDI.
glad i got Matt to do my head/cam....:)

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
since u aren't likely to get it back by now are you going to continue your build at some point?

from what i understand, TDIs were never his bread and butter anyways...i think he had his priorities elsewhere

FWIW it's his loss as well. loss of respect by the community and loss of potential new customers

i would rather deal with someone that eats, speaks, breathes TDI.
glad i got Matt to do my head/cam....:)

Do you agree that as we go on in life, we are always learning and it does not matter how much experience or age we have, you always learn something as you go along right!!

This actually is a bad thing for me but may be good for the rest of the TDI community so they can open their eyes and wake up before they do any dealing with this clepto man,,,,, what do I think about me, I was dumb knowing that Matt or some of the other well respected vendors would have never ever taken me for a ride,,,I guess life is a biitch then you die!

Would I ever do dealing with any other vendor that I do not know 100% not a chance! I hope I never see him in front of me I can tell you!!

but txs for the advice, I'm kicking myself on the butt for making this mistake. by the way Matt has always had all my respect he is very upfront and nice to deal with ,but on the other hand through Pm's from other members, I am learning more about other similar situation with different vendors that they went thorugh, so at least is giving me an idea who is who here on the forum! even vendors that I thought they were honest! so at least something good is coming out of this!

Last edited by a moderator:

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Best thing you can do is move on from here... I took a $4k hit from a small piece of left out information on a camshaft (different vendor)... The vendor sent me another cam to replace the one that was in the engine at the time of failure. That's it.. The only part of my engine that survived was the crankshaft.. head, cam, block, rods, turbo... All junk...

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Hmmmm... pistons....how about paying for them to get ceramic coated..... then having to pull the head to change the head gasket and upgrade head studs only to find out your ceramic coated pistons are really NOT ceramic coated at all.... Jason, are you familiar with that story?? Oh yea, you discovered the NON ceramic coated pistons for me!!

Some people are just such straight shooters on here and some appear straight up and they are not. I think some vendors have TOO much on their plate and when they should be turning work away because they are too busy, they take it on anyway, only creating issues.

Like Jason said before, you have to pick and choose what parts you get from certain vendors.... sometimes it takes a LONG time to get that figured out and you have to deal with BS along the way.

Here is a little example (not mentioning any vendor names) I order a turbocharger from one vendor.... it comes with every nut, bolt, and gasket I need.... Identical turbo, same price from a different vendor doesn't come with any installation parts.... which one do you go with? On the other hand, that same vendor that didn't include any installation hardware for the turbo might carry a performance clutch kit that you can't get anywhere else...

Custom builds on cars sometimes include MAJOR hold ups. This is NOT a complaint at all, but my tranny was at Scotts' shop in Texas for months.... Corpus Christy, TX just happened to get pounded with back to back major storms and that little oil spill in the Gulf was going on at that time as well, so my tranny build got held up for a while..... not his fault. He still got it done and built me a bad ass fortified 5 spd transmission that can hold the torque that the heavy 6spds can hold.

Just an example of how sometimes there are legitimate things that hold vendors up.... but as long as they do the right thing, who cares.

The hand surgery that Bill had held up some projects... but it's the way he handled the hold up that was the problem.... the lack of communication and getting nasty and losing your temper when your customers complain is unacceptable.... communicate... drop a PM every week or so updating your customers. Don't hide.... return calls and PM's.... it's that simple!

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmmmm... pistons....how about paying for them to get ceramic coated..... then having to pull the head to change the head gasket and upgrade head studs only to find out your ceramic coated pistons are really NOT ceramic coated at all.... Jason, are you familiar with that story?? Oh yea, you discovered the NON ceramic coated pistons for me!!

Some people are just such straight shooters on here and some appear straight up and they are not. I think some vendors have TOO much on their plate and when they should be turning work away because they are too busy, they take it on anyway, only creating issues.

Like Jason said before, you have to pick and choose what parts you get from certain vendors.... sometimes it takes a LONG time to get that figured out and you have to deal with BS along the way.

Here is a little example (not mentioning any vendor names) I order a turbocharger from one vendor.... it comes with every nut, bolt, and gasket I need.... Identical turbo, same price from a different vendor doesn't come with any installation parts.... which one do you go with? On the other hand, that same vendor that didn't include any installation hardware for the turbo might carry a performance clutch kit that you can't get anywhere else...

Custom builds on cars sometimes include MAJOR hold ups. This is NOT a complaint at all, but my tranny was at Scotts' shop in Texas for months.... Corpus Christy, TX just happened to get pounded with back to back major storms and that little oil spill in the Gulf was going on at that time as well, so my tranny build got held up for a while..... not his fault. He still got it done and built me a bad ass fortified 5 spd transmission that can hold the torque that the heavy 6spds can hold.

Just an example of how sometimes there are legitimate things that hold vendors up.... but as long as they do the right thing, who cares.

The hand surgery that Bill had held up some projects... but it's the way he handled the hold up that was the problem.... the lack of communication and getting nasty and losing your temper when your customers complain is unacceptable.... communicate... drop a PM every week or so updating your customers. Don't hide.... return calls and PM's.... it's that simple!

Joe, I would be having a cow, if I paid for a job for a specific parts to put in my car and to later find out that there is nothing there, that is a what I call cheap shot, low blow, wow ,,, I feel your frustration brother

the more I hang around here on this forum the more I am becoming more aware of who I need to trust and NOT to as well, of course we have to give credit for those vendors that are outstanding and upfront we do not need to mention their name, we pretty much know who they are, and for the other mecanos and vendors that are taking advantage of members all I have to say how dumb you guys are, no matter how you try to sneak out, sooner or later the truth will come out,

Good that we are sharing this info with all of us, basically just to send a red flag (Members Be aware) thanks for sharing your story Joe.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Do you agree that as we go on in life, we are always learning and it does not matter how much experience or age we have, you always learn something as you go along right!!

This actually is a bad thing for me but may be good for the rest of the TDI community so they can open their eyes and wake up before they do any dealing with this clepto man,,,,, what do I think about me, I was dumb knowing that Matt or some of the other well respected vendors would have never ever taken me for a ride,,,I guess life is a biitch then you die!

Would I ever do dealing with any other vendor that I do not know 100% not a chance! I hope I never see him in front of me I can tell you!!

but txs for the advice, I'm kicking myself on the butt for making this mistake. by the way Matt has always had all my respect he is very upfront and nice to deal with ,but on the other hand through Pm's from other members, I am learning more about other similar situation with different vendors that they went thorugh, so at least is giving me an idea who is who here on the forum! even vendors that I thought they were honest! so at least something good is coming out of this!

Last time I spoke to Bill, long time ago he said to me that the head was at Mr chill shop but Chris does not want to talk to me after so many calls and messages! umm makes me think!!
You may find this hard to believe...but I have a job...and no one to help me do it. So if I dont get back to you quickly...its because I am busy. And no...I dont have your cylinder head...not sure where you got that idea. I have several of my own...but not yours. We spoke about your head several times...and we spoke about where it was and how much and shipping and so on...so why the sudden post that I have it? You know I dont...so what going on? Think bout this...you and Bill had a deal...no one but you two were there or know what was said or done...now, after the fact...whatever deal you two had is not working out. OK...that happens sometimes. But to somehow mislead people here into thinking that I am involved beyond your asking me to call him, which I did...is simply slanderous. Check your behaviour.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Folks, we are getting some reported posts from some members who are getting dragged into this and apparently would rather not be, but the reports aren't coming from those members themselves, they're coming from others coming to their defense. On reading the last few posts in this thread (and I AM NOT going to read the whole thing ...) I have no idea who is right and who is wrong. There are some words in there about not getting paid ... well, guess what, if you don't pay for getting something done, it ain't getting done and the business in question has every right to either (1) not do the work, or (2) hang onto your parts until you cough up payment in full. But, I don't know who paid or didn't, and nor can I figure out whether the services paid for were delivered or not (or if services were not delivered and were not paid for).

I am also NOT GOING to figure this out. Sort it out between yourselves. If the people getting dragged into this can collectively and PRECISELY explain to ME how to resolve this sidetrack (specify exactly which posts to remove) then I'll consider it. But I won't solve problems on someone else's behalf. People getting unwillingly dragged into this have to request this THEMSELVES.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
With all the respect to who erased my reply to Mr chill, I have no idea why it was erased, tried to clarfy to him only, nothing else !

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Ya one of my posts got edited without my knowledge... No explanation or anything... The "reason for editing" when I click on it just says N/A...

I don't have a problem with a moderator editing my posts, but at least have the courtesy to let me know that you're doing it and some sort of reason why...

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
When was the last time Bill even logged on to the club?
The last time he posted anything was over 8 months ago. I can't tell from his stats when he last logged on.

I have one of Bills heads in my car. Like most of the guys here on the forum he is not really in the TDI business. He just liked to tinker and see what he could get out of these small oil burners. From my experience with him, he is a square shooter. I've gotta think that there is more to this story. Bill always seemed to have a lot on his plate, hearing this story has me worried. I hope he is okay.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
The last time he posted anything was over 8 months ago. I can't tell from his stats when he last logged on.

I have one of Bills heads in my car. Like most of the guys here on the forum he is not really in the TDI business. He just liked to tinker and see what he could get out of these small oil burners. From my experience with him, he is a square shooter. I've gotta think that there is more to this story. Bill always seemed to have a lot on his plate, hearing this story has me worried. I hope he is okay.

Square shooter does not hide, ignores calls, for over a year, anybody that has a little class, responsibilitty and cares for his reputation would not handle this issue the way he has done...

robnitro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS silver
Stole the words out of my mouth.
When I had to get my head rebuilt, I contacted him about options. He said he could do it, and gave me price levels of how mild and medium much porting would be as I wasn't going extreme. I don't recall the numbers. So when I asked other porters how much they charge and turn around time, I called him back to find out his turn around time and he wasn't really sure (which is acceptable because it's not his main job). However, the prices changed. I had a bad feeling about that and I see in this thread how he puts up this image of being a square shooter but is not. Maybe he is for a certain few privileged clients, which is acceptable if he made that clear, and was able to turn down business that he didn't have the time or physical effort to complete. Perhaps the best way to do business with him is in person, as some people relate better to people they can physically see.

jprine

Veteran Member
TDI
03 GLS Golf TDI, 04 R32, 05 Passat Wagon TDI
Don't ship your head if you can avoid it!

MAXRPM:I really feel for you man I had the exact same thing happen to me (another head guy)

Someone asked if you were burned why not speak up well quiet frankly it can be pretty traumatic and you don't even want to think about it.. I didn't.

Here is my story err slash that book err Nightmare! I don't want to steal your thread with huge long story just thought its kinda related and will give people a second thought about shipping your head somewhere!

The Hook:
I sent my head to a very well known head porter in CA. I'm in IL btw. My dad is not even into cars for the last 20 years and he knew his name. He had done allot of heads for the same engine, has a flow bench machine for port matching etc. I really felt good about sending it to him vs. local shop that is used to doing big blocks.

I gave him a call told him wanted to do and I had a budget of I think 1500-2000 at the time and made sure he knew it (some $$$ ferrea stuff, new oem lifter buckets/shims etc cost allot so maybe half was labor). He was a great talker on the phone, really friendly guy, also really knows what he is doing and that is true. He gave me a printout of what I was going to get for my money.

The Turn:
Sent the head out nicely packed sent a deposit to cover the parts. He said it would take maybe a month. Thats when it went bad. Hard to get ahold of him (later i found out he screens all his calls, and basically doesn't answer it if he knows who it is and he is still taking sales calls). Then he gives me bad news that his shop got broken into but my stuff is ok its just going to take a long time to get his equipment hooked up because they messed up his power or some bs. Months go by basically with more and more excuses and once and a while he says he got something done, always hard to contact he has to be in the right mood to answer for you..

After a full year of being in contact with him once every 2-3 months. I was starting to give up but whenever I would talk to him he was so friendly and assured me he still has my stuff and its almost done.. its just that some bs happened or he has all these race cars that pay him $$$$$$ he has to do first. This was all very painful and my project was on hold for this head..

The Surprise:
I finally talk to him and he tells me that he just got finished working on it and its basically done and he is going to send me a updated bill. (I already paid like 1500 of 2000 by now so I am expecting 500)

I get the bill and he wants 3500(2000 i owe now..) total now and its all explained.. He got every coating you can get.. coated valves, coated chamber, coated cams, coated cam bearing caps and on the head cant remember technical name heh.. Yeah its cool but..$800 just in coatings on the head... +more expense to him he basically found a way to charge the most he could.

What to do?? Every time I give the guy a hard time he just ignores my calls for 3 months.. He says he already had all the coatings done for sure, and he says he its “about” done and getting ready to ship. So I call up and tell him I didn't want all this stuff but that if its done I'll just pay because I want it now no more bs. I didn't even have the money, my dad gave me the money for this..

Days later I call him up to see if it shipped and nothing, i get ignored i think. I call a few times during the next weeks. Then finally he answers and gives me some more BS about him just finishing it up and he is going to box it up... really weeks later? I thought it was done before.. @#$%(@ now i know i just lost more money and the whole thing is going to be a write off...

Over the next months he still will answer once and a while, still talk friendly and say its going to be done someday but just not today....

The Plan:
So finally I get fed up after year two of not having my head and out almost 4k and also I have 20k worth of car sitting around getting rusty waiting on it. He is still answering my calls and says he has it which I was trusting was true I decide that I'm just going to drive there and camp out in-front of his building until I get my head back no matter what.

Note of stupidity: ..I don't even want to tell you what I did on this trip because looking back I am really ashamed and feel very very stupid for handling it this way.

I drive about 3500mi round trip (in the TDI woo!) driving to CA and back to go out to his shop. When I got there he was very shocked to see me! I had a friend that lived about 100miles away from the guys shop so I had a free place to stay. He had just moved to that state so no he was not around before to check on it for me.

When arrive I tell him I need my head, its hard to get ahold of you and its taking too long etc. He is a little bit put off that I did not trust him to finish it but he is ok and starts going around to get my things together. He is very friendly guy he supports his local church like crazy etc its really really hard to stay mad at this guy. So I ask him what would it take to just finish it. If I help can we get it all done today?, or the next couple days? He quickly gets happy again and says yeah sure. He says sorry a bunch of times and feels bad for not finishing my head etc.. He gets my head out and starts working on it.

I go out with my friend and come back later in the day to find him working on something else!?!? I'm like *** I need this before I go.. I thought you WANTED to finish it and do the work i paid you for? He basically says he has like no money to pay this months rent on his shop and his utility bills and he has to finish this other job for money...

The Mad Man:
After I spend more time with him its very clear to me whats wrong with his business and why he has peoples heads for long periods of time without doing work.:
He is a moral guy that is way into his church and wants to complete all the work. But he has very bad Adult ADD that is untreated. He trys to handle everything sales, paperwork, maintain his shop, complete jobs and he cant at all he just goes around randomly doing things that are unimportant and not jobs that could pay. He is not good without direction and he used to work under his father who was a expert tuner/porter. He is way strapped for cash he eats roman noodles every day. That is why he asks for payments in advance or he tricks people into thinking its done when its not because he really just needs the money right then.. he really thinks he will get the work done but it ends up getting put to the side.

Anyway.. so my trip..
I was traveling with someone that took off work to go vacationing somewhat nearby and was staying in a hotel. I end up driving to the shop every day from my friends house to make sure the guy stays focused on my head. The way it was when I arrived it was ported and had all the coatings he billed me for but none of the valve work was done, and also he didn't even have the valve stuff that i paid for.. Which was probably what was going on.. he used my money to pay bills and not to buy parts and now even if he wants to finish my head he cant because he cant afford to buy them..

Basically he worked on my head but is very very slow about it and constantly gets distracted with these other things he needs to get money for his bills... I help him as best I can just so I can get my damn head finished and not pay another person to finish what he started.. But basically he BSed me good he spent as much time as he could on the head without ordering the parts needed to finish it and he wouldn't actually tell me that.. I didn’t find out he was missing parts until my trip was almost over. He knows I already paid him for the parts, and to ask for money would be wrong, and to also tell me that he didnt buy the parts would be wrong, and he didnt want to send me away without finishing the job. He honestly thinks if he just finishes this other job then he will use that money to buy my parts and we can be cool... and he will not have to feel bad about ripping me off for the rest of his life or whatever.

My time runs out and he convinces me to stay more days to get things finished so I do, my friend has to take more days off of work and is paying 100+ a night at a fancy hotel.. I am driving 200miles a day going to his shop.. I stay a extra 2-3 days for nothing.

Here is the part that I will never forgive myself for.. Against my girlfriends advice I freaking leave the head with him to finish instead of taking it with me. I honestly don't know what I was thinking, he is just so friendly and I really thought if he got the money he would buy the parts for my head..

Trip over.. still no head. I’m an idiot.

The Regret:
Months.. few calls.. Regret. I get angry with him, and he ignores me.. I tell my local friend go by the shop to pick it up and my friend will just ship it to me. When my friend shows up and asks him about my head he gets furious at him for apparently the way my friend was being demanding of him and its not his business or something?? No idea, he represented me it so it is his business. I get very depressed that I left the head with him in the first place.. almost give up on it entirely and then finally decide that the only way I am going to get this back is to drive there like I did the first time and instead of asking what would it take to finish this, instead I just take the stuff and go.

I plan my trip this time my dad wants to go with me and I am glad because he is very good at dealing with people and not getting taken advantage of..

The Second Trip:
Another 3000 round miles this time in a giant gasser..

My father and I show up at the guys shop and this time since he knew what I looked like he basically completely ignored me / shut me out at first. Then after taking 5min to get himself to together he finally comes over and says hi welcome back sorry I’m STILL not done with your head..

We spend a good hour or so finding my parts, lots are missing. The intake manifold he did tons of work to and apparently it got stolen, I had expensive cams and stuff at his shop that he couldn’t find that day. We are basically ready to load up my stuff and go but this time my dad says what will it take to just finish it today kind of thing…. OH NO!

So I get with my dad and basically tell him that I already did all this and he just kept BSing me and didn’t actually finish it. And the stress.. I honestly can not keep doing this, I cant take another go around.. I cant drive to his shop each day to supervise again, I don’t want to spend any more time around him.. He basically agrees that he will do everything and I can just have a vacation in CA. He will do the supervising & he would much rather see me finish this project now and not have to find another guy or buy all these tools and learn to do it. I still fight him on it and don’t really agree but say ok.

The Mad Man Round 2:
I still do get involved, I don’t want to put all the burden on my father. However he supervises him for me. The guy didn’t have valve guides for my head (I paid for them already) so I think on day 2 or something he tells us to go pick them up from this 50mile away shop that makes them. I go drive to pick them up and surprise the cost and number of guides is twice what’s in my car.. He wants me to pickup guides for someone else’s head at the same time (pay for them). Get the F out!?? You serious? This is why I wanted to just go home… My dad decides that since its only $25 or whatever to just buy them and doesn’t ask for the money. (Also my dad buys him food etc)

Guides go in, he finds half of the valves (all paid for of course). He finds half of the lifter buckets (all paid for..).. Finally finds my cams.. Basically he puts most together and as finished as he can without actually having all the parts. He kind of sells it like he can’t get the parts in time but really he just cant buy the parts period. I think we left after 4-5 days, also stayed in hotel this time so more money.

Looking Back..
That it.. Last time I delt with the guy, he has called me a couple times since and I don’t answer his calls. That head is honestly a work of art, he did have skills and it has every freeking coating you can get on it but in the end with all the trips and hotels.. It probably cost me 4x what I wanted and took 48 times as long. It took so long that the rest of my project fell though and all that money basically went to nothing. I don’t even have a place to work on it if I could finish the car… I have a million dollar head coffee table for now.. one day I will put that car together. The whole deal just took so much out of me its hard to even think about that car.

So I guess in summary, Go local if you can!!! Once you have a bad feeling about a guy don’t give him more money! It may be worth just cutting your losses.. In my case I would of lost 1500 +1000worth of head and +600 worth of cams.. so 3100 loss. In the end with the time, hotel, gas, increased cost I ended up spending something like 6k+ and its still missing parts… If I had just cut my loss I would have had 3k to buy a new head and send to a new trusted local source.

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Wow. Unbelievable. But no, I DO believe you. This is what happens when you deal with undiagnosed or un-medicated ADHD people, and ADHD people that fall off their meds. My son is ADD, so I know how frustrating it is to deal with, and I've had to interact with a lot of them professionally as well. My advice for any large-scale or long-distance project is to talk to the person enough to get a sense of their level of focus and maturity. If they seem too hyper or change topics and can't focus for a 15 minute conversation, move elsewhere and save yourself the heartache.

eddie_1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 TDI tuned to 170HP, A6 Wagon 2008 TDI 2.7L tuned to 340HP
jprine, thanks for sharing. It is a very inspiring story for me on patience rather than being idiotic. Plus the story hits almost all the contemporary issues ($$$, rip off, christianity, ADD, automotive mafia etc) and gives a very good overview of the societal dynamics related to automotive at work.

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I do not mind if anybody post anything, no one is stealing my thread, I am not picky on any of my threads, we all learn that is what is all about,,,,, but I must say these heads we have from our diesel cars are in high demand of kidnap and hijacking,,

Jprine, what a story, all I have to say wow, 2 trips, not only what you spent $$$ on the head but also all the time that you put in to drive and stay in Cali so many miles, and being away from home,family, work etc,, in the other hand, I can understand how frustrated you were (are) with the whole situation and feeling that you were taking for a ride,,, I feel the same way,,,not fair at all,, and I also ask myself what makes people do these things????

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Just saw this thread for the first time. Wow! I'm down for some $$ to be converted to jet exhaust.....

I'm grateful for all the times I ignored this gentleman when he solicited me behind the scenes to rebuild my customer heads!

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
jprine- sorry to hear your story.. i sent my head to canada and it took over a year to where i had given up..no return phone calls, BS excuses, etc. before i got it back. and the idiot packed it horribly and it got damaged. i sent it off to get it fixed and still don't have it. i'm at a year and a half now... however i got lucky and didn't pay until i received it.. and when i received it damaged, i withheld payment.

best of luck bro!

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Holy sh1t, all these stories are really scary! I'm just glad that in my dealings with vendors on this site (ryanp, IDparts & boraparts) I've got nothing but exceptional/way above average customer service. I'm so sorry for everyone who's been burnt. It sucks to read these stories, I can't imagine actually going through them myself...

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Holy sh1t, all these stories are really scary! I'm just glad that in my dealings with vendors on this site (ryanp, IDparts & boraparts) I've got nothing but exceptional/way above average customer service. I'm so sorry for everyone who's been burnt. It sucks to read these stories, I can't imagine actually going through them myself...

All those 3 vendors you mention, I've dealt with them in the past, and they are on the top, you just can't mix them in this thread, just like you said they are exceptional, I would be surprised if anyone would have any issues with them, , they are all classy and very honest..

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Has anyone seen any post from mr Quattro or heard from him? Just curious I haven't been here in a while, I'm still hoping and wishing that I get my head back from him ,,although I believe that my chance of getting it back would be almost next to impossible, I may have a better chance getting struck by lighting,,,,what do you think?

Last edited:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Has anyone seen any post from mr Quattro or heard from him? Just curious I haven't been here in a while, I'm still hoping and wishing that I get my head back from him ,,although I believe that my chance of getting it back would be almost next to impossible, I may have a better chance getting struck by lighting,,,,what do you think?
Time for a road trip!