www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Touareg TDIs

VW Touareg TDIs This is a general discussion about Touareg TDIs. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old November 19th, 2018, 07:12   #16
Yeti35
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiman View Post
Not Concerned to much about the fuel always buy at reliable places but the fuel pumps on these cars tend to go bad from what I understand could be from lubrication and water so adding the additive could help with this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have had mine since new and have almost 100K on it and original fuel pump.
Old December 12th, 2018, 08:57   #17
showdown 42
Veteran Member

There are 2 issues with additives, 1.fuel gelling in sub freezing weather and 2. fuel pump issues with lubricity . Most northern fuel is treated after a certain date for anti gelling,so unless you are in extreme conditions like sub zero for a long time you are probably ok. The lubricity is always an issue,so you can be lucky and not have a problem or buy insurance like the additives mentioned an hopefully no blow up the HPFP. I prefer insurance myself. 3 TDIs and no issues for the past 10yrs.
showdown 42 is offline   Reply With Quote