HVAC Outlet Blower Temperature - No hot air out of dash vent

tincherb

TDI
2006 TDI Jetta - 2013 Passat SEL
I have an 06 Jetta that will not blow hot air out of the face vents. By face I mean the dash vents. Once I switch to floor its fine. I ran the VAG on the HVAC and noticed that while monitoring outlet blower temperature its a flat line 84C. So while on the dash/face setting the blend door controller slowly integrates down or closed (this is where I need help because I don't have any information on the control logic) and I am assuming that this is to move the outlet blower temp down which it can't because it has failed?. Watching the same control for the floor vent shows the floor blower temperature indication modulating and changing the temperature control input which has an effect on the blend door controller and the actual temperature. SO....

I am assuming that the outlet blower temperature indication has failed and is flat lining 84C. Does anyone know where this instrument is located within the system? Is there another name for it? I appreciate any help and apologize if this has been discussed in another thread. :D

tincherb

TDI
2006 TDI Jetta - 2013 Passat SEL
For anyone who might have the same problem. The left temperature sensor located beside the fuse panel on the drivers side was the problem. This sensor had a really high resistance when reading with a volt meter, causing the temperature reading to indicate max value. After handling it and trying to get the reading to change the resistance changed instantly telling me that the instrument some kind of circuit problem. Anyway its reading correctly right now but it looks like it needs changed. This car only has the one sensor.

jrlowscot

TDI
WTB Jetta wagon
Wow, I couldn't find much info on this issue. I just had a friend run VAGCOM and got the same result. Searched outlet blower temperature and found this thread. Exactly my issue, I also have a 2.5 gas FYI. I unplugged the sensor above fuse panel on side of dash and seems to operate normally now. Yea! Was starting to get cold around here. Thanks for posting the solution. ��