Help with Torsion Value and Injector Deviation

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
My car has had a lumpy idle for a while and so I finally have gotten time to play around with my VCDS. I found that all of my injectors are out of range and my Torsion Value is at -3.4.

Cam was replaced 50k ago, so it should be fine.

1 2 3 4
mg/str mg/str mg/str mg/str
-1.29 1.08 1.06 -0.85

Engine Speed Injection Start Injection Duration Torsion Value
(G28) (specified) (specified)
/min °BTDC °KW °KW
819 0.9 7.1 -3.4

Engine Speed Start Injection Start Coolant
(G28) Quantity Synchronisation Temperature (G62)
/min mg/str °C
819 14.3 48 80.1

What to do.

PS. I have a CSV log in Excel but I have not idea how to attach it.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Not yet. I am trying to get some ideas before I do anything. I will probably adjust the torsion tonight. What is ideal 0 or 1 or somewhere in between?
Ya know I've tried +/- 1 and 0. Didn't really notice any difference.

DonsJetta

TDI
2006 Jetta Special Edition
Shoot for 0. My factory setting was -.5 0 setting and idle is as smooth as butter...
How long have you had lumpy idle?

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I changed my Torsion value to .5 and it idles much better now and all of my injectors are now between -.5 and .5.

I guess that did the trick.

My car still shakes some at idle some but I think that it is probably do to engine mounts. I need to get under my car and look at them.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I changed my Torsion value to .5 and it idles much better now and all of my injectors are now between -.5 and .5.

I guess that did the trick.

My car still shakes some at idle some but I think that it is probably do to engine mounts. I need to get under my car and look at them.
Yeah I figured it would. Def check the mounts. I haven't had any idle issues yet. My mounts still looked good last I checked.

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Yes, I switched the clutch 50k ago with the SMF Sachs quiet clutch, so it is not the flywheel.

jsc3582

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI DSG
I had lumpy idle on mine for awhile drove me crazy. Adjusted torsion and all with no success. Found out it was because of fuel temperature sensor that was bad. Unplugged it and idle smoothed out perfectly. You could try that and see what happens. It is on front of engine on the right side of fuel filter when facing engine in one of the fuel lines. Easy to get to. Had no codes or anything with my car just ran across some post that refereed to this being a problem with some. Check out picture here and some of the thread. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=201788&page=3