Help RNS510

tumper

TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I apologize if this has been discussed on this site but I am a newbie to this site and to VW Passat ownership. I have a just acquired the car and I am learning. The car has the RNS 510 system and SW version 4369. I have two issues; 1) the system will not take or eject a CD. Occasionally it will give me a CD/DVD error message. 2) It keeps asking for a navigation CD. If it didn’t have a navigation CD would it cause the first error? I hate to purchase a navigation CD if one is jammed in the system.
Also I guess maybe a third issue, when I press “Media” the things says “system stating”.
PS I had the battery out a few days ago. Could this have caused a problem with the entertainment system?
I apologize again if this has been answered on a previous thread. I have never had much luck searching on these sites.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Since this is a 2014, I'm thinking your BtoB warranty is still in force. If this were my car, I'd be headed to the dealer.

skateboy918

TDI
07 VW GLI
Press the LEFT+RIGHT+STAR button down for 3 seconds to reboot the unit - you will not lose anything. These 3 buttons are to the left and right of the DVD loading slot

try to press and hold the eject button while its rebooting to get the DVD out

wait for the unit to start up normally (2 minutes) and press and hold the SETUP button for 20 seconds and a hidden menu will pop up. Go into the menu and see what your map number is.

If there is no map DVD in the unit and a map number displays then you have maps loaded, if no map numbers are displayed then you need to load maps onto it

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Take it to the Dealer. Everything that was said above is good advice. If what was said by skateboy918 doesn't work, make a service appointment.