CR 140 CJAA race pipe

TDI
2012 golf, 2015 golf wagon
Looking for a thread showing pictures and steps for install of a cr 140 egr/asv delete race pipe for a mk6 golf. I have looked but I cannot find one. Any help? I understand the removal of emissions parts is illegal and I am asking for a track car. Thanks.

TDI
There is a good read on it on the rawtek website. Helps reduce temps and also helps prevent sludge buildup. Additionally and the main reason I want it is that it comes with a boost tap directly off of it. I have a p3 multi gauge and it’s phenominal, however, when the Malone tune was written, the boost gets taken out of its slot. This means I am unable to read boost electronically. I have a tap but I have been too lazy to put the car on the lift, remove the pipe, and tap it and route it and then worry about a possible leak. Just takiing our the egr valve and asv and putting the pipe in place with the fitting would make it much easier. I was able to find the info I needed. Thank you!

Last edited:
TDI
I'm looking at installing a race pipe as well, which options have you found?

Rawtek and darkside offer kits that will allow you to eliminate either the egr or the egr/asv combo. Although I contacted darkside and they told me that their 57mm may not be direct fit because the stock hose may not reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geordi

Veteran Member
Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is reall
TDI
14 JSW DSG, 03 Wagon 01M, 400k and IPT performance auto!
I installed a blanking plate on the factory pipe, makes access to the oil filter easier.

Please explain what you mean about the tune "removing the boost from its slot" b/c I have a scangauge and I can read both the expected and delivered boost right off the factory MAP sensor? I had to create an X-gauge, but it works fine.

TDI
This is what P3 told me

Thank you for contacting us. We have found that the last round of Malone updates has moved the boost information from the OEM location in the ECU. We have confirmed this with Malone and are working on a solution for down the road that will not require the analog boost sensor.

For now, however, the only solution we have is to install the analog boost sensor. This will ensure that you have 100% accurate boost readings no matter what tunes or mods you run.

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
This is what P3 told me

Thank you for contacting us. We have found that the last round of Malone updates has moved the boost information from the OEM location in the ECU. We have confirmed this with Malone and are working on a solution for down the road that will not require the analog boost sensor.

For now, however, the only solution we have is to install the analog boost sensor. This will ensure that you have 100% accurate boost readings no matter what tunes or mods you run.

So it won't throw a CEL, just won't be able to read boost?

TDI
You need a tune yes. And I would recommend Malone. I love mine. I just got my race pipe installed last week. I also have the rawtek full turbo back kit. Car is amazing.

Geordi

Veteran Member
Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is reall
TDI
14 JSW DSG, 03 Wagon 01M, 400k and IPT performance auto!
Man I wish I could afford it but that sounds like about 1500-2000$ in parts.

I don't know about $1500, the pipes and the tune added up to about 1k for me, but the mileage went from 37mpg highway to north of 46mpg. I've been getting 44mpg highway at 85-90mph, can't sneeze at that!